• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is your stocking rate per acre?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We run 1 pair per acre for 8.5 months, and then from January until March on rye grass we run them at 1 pair for every 3 acres.

No hay, and one bag of cubes every weekend to keep them friendly and aid in pasture movement.

marksmu said:
We run 1 pair per acre for 8.5 months, and then from January until March on rye grass we run them at 1 pair for every 3 acres.

No hay, and one bag of cubes every weekend to keep them friendly and aid in pasture movement.

How many mosquitoes per ac do you have down there. :lol:

Trinity man said:
leanin' H said:
Between 1000 and 1500 acres per cow from May til November. The desert provides but it takes some country to do it. :D

You have to be kidding me. :shock:

The allotment covers nearly 200000 acres with 150 cows. No kidding intended. It takes a bunch of desert to earn the living for a bovine.

Here in central MS 1 pair per 3 to 4 acres, usually have enough grass to put up about 5 bales of hay.

Trinity man said:
marksmu said:

How many mosquitoes per ac do you have down there. :lol:

Millions...if there was a market for those things I would be rich!

When we bought our cows, we brought them from about 90 miles west....they were not used to the rain/water/skeeters, and we had about 6 months of nothing...no weight gain, no pregnancies, no calves...after the 6 months, they adjusted and have been gaining properly and calving regularly...

leanin' H said:
Trinity man said:
leanin' H said:
Between 1000 and 1500 acres per cow from May til November. The desert provides but it takes some country to do it. :D

You have to be kidding me. :shock:

The allotment covers nearly 200000 acres with 150 cows. No kidding intended. It takes a bunch of desert to earn the living for a bovine.

Well then I guess 1 to 45 ain't so bad., but I know what you are saying. Some of that country is about 100 yards between small bushes and all there is between small bushes is 100 yards.

Latest posts