• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

what kinda computer are you using

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I been using a couple hand me down computers in my barns they have windows 98,and I thought they were slow,so I bought me a Dell with all the whistles and bells,which was a mistake ILL never use it,and copier scanner printer,it aint no faster and I believe I like the old ones better,what are you running,and how do you like it,I have this dial up and it is slow,does anyone have DSL?.................good luck

I'm so computer illiterate but DSL is high speed, correct? If so I have it and it is great. Can watch and bid on cattle from my easy chair if the auction barns broadcast . I had a local guy set me up with an Orion computer and no problems. I went through him for only one reason, and that was for the fast service he could provide if I screwed up my computer.

Have DSL in the city......much faster for printing or finding info on the web.
Dial up on the country cumputer. If you are just checking posts on one site it is not too bad. But I like the DSL on the city computer better.
Both systems are Dell....due to the customer service.

Compaq Presario with a 2.7 GHz Celeron processor. The computer is fast enough to cover some of the dial up slowness. We can't get DSL here, we're two miles too far from town. :cry:

Haven't needed any customer service. Wouldn't use it anyway, I'm lucky to have two very technologically gifted sons.

I have an iMac now and all Apples before. Always had used ones until this one. My kids cuss it and me and want me to switch. Hell, i thought i was doin' good to get these Mac's to work!

We have DSL but we have just copper wire , in from the road, so it's still kind'a slow compared to what the kids have in the towns and cities.

$300 Costco e-machine :? :? nothin fancy....not even a working printer or programmed for pictures, but it serves it general purpose! Only drawback is the super-sssslllloooooowww dial up that we have out here in the boonies!! :wink:

ranchwife said:
$300 Costco e-machine :? :? nothin fancy....not even a working printer or programmed for pictures, but it serves it general purpose! Only drawback is the super-sssslllloooooowww dial up that we have out here in the boonies!! :wink:

well, I for got about pictures,the new one does that pretty good ...........good luck ps I guess Im thinking right,I thought DSL was a satelite link and you had to install a small dish at your place kinda like Direct TV ?and you got your signal from a satelite?

Latest posts