• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What makes one's life perfect...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hope this thread finds each of you well and looking forward to spring and its beauty.

I wanted to ask you the following:
How do you define a "perfect" life? Would you say that you are living the "perfect" life?

I am still a "spring chicken" and I have a lot to learn about life and need to accomplish things. I still belive that my life is a piece on a checker- board, and when I am ready to be in the next stage in my life, God will pick my piece and strategically move me to a different place on the board.
As a single and native college student, I must say that my life is almost perfect because I have health, tenacity to want to work hard to earn a decent living and accomplish some goals in life, I am blessed to have special people in my life that I can seek when I need support, and I am just lucky to have a joyful and harmonious life at this time.

Please feel free to share with us a piece of wisdom about your life. :wink:

i think my life might be the 'checker board' with some pieces missing or lost as it ages.
or a board that is aging with some scratches and tears,but maybe it's a perfect old board with lots of use and wisdom.
,it's all how we play the game of life.

balestabber said:
i think my life might be the 'checker board' with some pieces missing or lost as it ages.
or a board that is aging with some scratches and tears,but maybe it's a perfect old board with lots of use and wisdom.
,it's all how we play the game of life.

"balestabber,"
Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us. It doesn't matter how "old" the checkerboard might be, what matter is that you still can see the different locations on the board where you eventually will be. I think every board in this world has some scratches and tears, regardless of the age, I already have my own, and I still have many years to use this board. Just think, a young boy with cancer at Saint Jude's Hospital, his board is being damaged as the days go by; however, as long as we see the different squares and come up with a strategy to relocate our "piece" for the next move everything should be fine at the end.

"Perfect life"...quite and extrodinary thought...I'm almost positive it is unachieavable...near perfect, maybe....

Life is a not simple enough that it can be perfect...only as tolerable as we can strive to make it. It is forever changing from one encounter to another. Make just one wrong choice at just a really wrong time and one can find out how unperfect it can get. Even when things are going absolutely great...isn't there just that one more thing that would make it even better? Or so one may think...

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

This is about as perfect as I can get. And with all the things I think aren't "perfect" with my life...I'm still blessed far greater than I probably deserve.

allen57 said:
"Perfect life"...quite and extrodinary thought...I'm almost positive it is unachieavable...near perfect, maybe....

Life is a not simple enough that it can be perfect...only as tolerable as we can strive to make it. It is forever changing from one encounter to another. Make just one wrong choice at just a really wrong time and one can find out how unperfect it can get. Even when things are going absolutely great...isn't there just that one more thing that would make it even better? Or so one may think...

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

This is about as perfect as I can get. And with all the things I think aren't "perfect" with my life...I'm still blessed far greater than I probably deserve.

Hi "Allen57,"

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this thread. You gave me some ideas to consider about life and I really like the prayer you shared with us.
Happy Wednesday!

If life were perfect, it would soon be dull.

It's the challenges, the experiences, the wins, the losses, and the learning along the way that makes life worth living.

It's the perfect moments that are scattered here and there that I love the most. Doing anything with my two grand daughters. Sitting in the warm spring sun listening to the creek, with my dogs sitting beside me. Riding the quad with Hubby as we check the baby calves. Picking ripe tomatoes all warm from the sun. A warm cat on your lap on a cold winter night. The list goes on and on.

The trick is to gather a collection of perfect moments to get you through the not so perfect ones.

:)

Latest posts