• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What was everyone's first vehicle?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

1959 chevrolet short bed for $50, plates cost$25,
three speed on the colum tranny went , tranny out of a 55 nomad $50, new exhaust system after hole cut in floor for shifter, $75, new paint $50 in home shop...

First vehicle, 1951 chevy. 2nd: 1960 pontiac with a '389'.

First new vehicle bought off a show room floor: 1969 mercury cougar.

Fastest vehicles: 1966 chevelle with a '396' & a 1971 buick GS455.

Still wish I had them all! :cry:

L.A. said:
1962 volkswagon bug. I currently have a 1980 silverado, which is a great truck, except for mpg. Don't know prices in your area, that sounds very high $ for an '84. paid $800.00 for mine

LA, I also thought that it was high priced but with everything that has been done to it in the last two years, its last owner just put $15, 000 into it... and none of it was needed. The truck is completely redone, from head to toe. new body, new paint, brand new engine, 400 kilometers on the new tranny, spray in box liner, custom sound system, custom interior, and when I pick it up, he will pay for plates and brand new tired, of my choice.

Denny, you get my attention, haha. The problem is, I already made a deal with the other guy, and I stick to my word. Thanks for the offer though :D:D

67 buick 4 door $500 bucks (with new battery ) :lol2: not a hot rod by anymeans but could haul 7 or more of yer friends while listening to Alice Cooper on the 8 track :wink:

1970 AMC Rebel 4 dr. Tranny was out and needed a little body work. Dad put in the tranny, I got out the Bondo and Uncle Bob painted it. We called it "Avis Rent-a-party". Sold it to an Indian and he rolled it.

1978 Dodge Colt two door sport coupe. Got it for high school graduation from my grandma and Auntie and Uncle Joe. It had 101 miles on it when I picked it out. Was a darn good little car, white with a red vinyl roof and red racing stripes on the sides, white interior with red piping on the seats, etc. Had bucket seats in the front and a bench seat in the back, got about 30 mpg. Wish I still had it, but the engine blew in it, and I sold it for $1100, and bought the pickup that Al wrecked 9-05. Totalled it. :cry: I'd had it since 1985...........best $1500 I ever spent on a vehicle.

$5000 sounds a little high to me, too.....but I'm a real cheapskate!

my uncle has a 1949 Mercury that he has totally restored. it was the first new car he ever bought. apparently this car is pretty rare, it is the same as the one in the Alan Jackson video "crazy bout a mercury"

he think Alan will pop in some day to look at the car!

jigs said:
my uncle has a 1949 Mercury that he has totally restored. it was the first new car he ever bought. apparently this car is pretty rare, it is the same as the one in the Alan Jackson video "crazy bout a mercury"

he think Alan will pop in some day to look at the car!

......................it could happen :D

1963 Chevy station wagon, 283 with a powerglide, used a quart every 50 miles, and the only door NOT caved in and useable was the driver's door. I drove it home for $50.

Then came the 73 Pontiac Catalina, 4 door, 400 2 barrel, a former City of Colby, Kansas, Police cruiser. Did 20 on the highway, looked like crap, and allowed me to put on over 120,000 in less than 4 years. All I ever spent on that car was tires and a bitchin' 8 track system. Drove it home from R.B. "Dynamite" Herrmann Motors in December 1977 for $750 cash.

Then came the 1973 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. 460 and every option known to man except the moonroof. Did 20 on the highway and 6 in town. Had a hood that seemed 20 feet long, and I put a set of wide whitewalls on it, and ooooooo, did the babes love that vee-hickle! Used to cruise down O street in Lincoln REAL SLOW and let 'em all gawk and drool. It's given name was the "Pimpillac".

Dreamcar would be a mid 70's Lincoln Town Coupe', with an oxblood leather interior, or a mint 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark III, black with the oxblood interior.

'69 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396ci w/3 speed (Hurst floor shifter), added extra leaf springs to rear end & 12" mud & snows-
rode like a tank but would haul most anything :wink:

angus guy said:
62 Olds 88. That thing was a tank. Wife had a 62 covair sure wish we had it back.

If your interested we have a Corvair sitting out back. Not to bad a shape if some one wanted to restore. Contact me if your interested. :)

Mine was a 1971 Ford F-100 long bed with a 302 V-8 and three speed on the colum. My grand paw bought it new for $1200 with a step bumper. No radio no carpet the only thing it has was a heater.

A '55 Chevy Bel-Air 2 door hard top. Actually I owned 2 of these one had the original 265 cu in V-8, the other had a 327. Both were 3 speed w/Hurst shifters. For graduation I got a '68 Camaro 327 4 speed with 8 track, a running machine. Sold it for $750 a few years after I was married and had some kids. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Oh well what's the saying about hindsight.

1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 with the tach on the hood, 4 speed Hurst shifter, positive traction. Bright orange with white vinyl top. This was a great car.

I keep watching for one like it. I saw one in traffic this fall in Rapid City, SD. I almost made a U-turn to get a better look.

Hello to John F. I imagine you were stylin' in your orange car.

I got my first car in 1984. It was a '69 Chevy Impala, and it was named "Bruise" because it was sort of that color. My favorite feature was that I could take the keys out of the ignition while the car was running. Good entertainment for my friends.

Latest posts