• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What was the easiest thing you could make that you burned??!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Well, for me, it is either a cup of soup that I put into the microwave, and forgot to put water in, and then I smelt the smoke..... And the other one is Kraft Dinner, on the stove too! (Don't worry, now I'm a way better cook. I dont usually burn much anymore because I'm scared of having to eat it... :roll:

Last week, i was boiling big taters for potato salad and left them on the stove while i went out to work in the garden....the noise of the smoke alarms in the house alerted me to my forgotten taters....ichhhh..still smell the smoke in the house!!
Don't worry, ACS...the hubby would burn water if that were possible...not much of a cook, but gotta give him credit when he tries!!
One of the easiest things to burn is ANYTHING in the microwave and sugar or milk on the stove....my kids always manage to burn their marshmallows when we are camping!! :wink:

I scorched a custard pie filling once. I'd used alot of eggs etc in it and didn't want to waste it so just added some peanut butter and put it in the pie shell. Tasted great if you like peanut butter and totally masked the burned flavor. Would have tasted even better with some chocolate drizzled over it but didn't think of it at the time. My new father-in-law said happily, "Well, I've never had peanut butter pie before!" :)

ranchwife said:
One of the easiest things to burn is ANYTHING in the microwave and sugar or milk on the stove....my kids always manage to burn their marshmallows when we are camping!! :wink:
That is a camping tradition, sooooo thet doesn't count!

Angus Cattle Shower said:
ranchwife said:
That is a camping tradition, sooooo thet doesn't count!

true!!!! It's not camping til you see your 6 year old fling a flaming marshmallow into the river because he did not know how to "extinguish" it!! :D :D

My 6 year old sister once flung a flaming marshmallow at the unlucky gopher crossing the road! Now folks, that is what I call "insta-grub"! :D

Angus Cattle Shower said:
My 6 year old sister once flung a flaming marshmallow at the unlucky gopher crossing the road! Now folks, that is what I call "insta-grub"! :D

DINNER!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

Prolly (thanks TX TIBBS) the worse thing I ever burned was a pan of boiled eggs. They burst and it was like a bomb went off in my kitchen. Pieces of eggs were everywhere. On the floor, on the ceiling, on the front of the cupboards, on the clean dishes in the dish drainer, on top of the refrigerator...well, you get the picture... :x

and the smell wasn't good either! :p

I forgot: split pea soup in a pressure cooker (a no-no). Went all over my freshly cleaned windows and slid down- green slime.

Canning potatoes and one jar broke as I was taking them out! SMashed potatoes all over the walls. Just like glue... Still have a small piece on the wall I can not get off..........

My cousin put a chicken in one of those pressure cookers and sat down to watch tv
When the cooker blew the entire chicken came out of the little escape hole (bones and all) the mess in the kitchen took a day to clean up and we left him to do it himself :

A cooking story
When first married in 61 my wife had little cooking skills, she wanted to make a choclate cake for me and did not preheat the oven before puting the cake in to cook
when I came home from work she had a strange look on her face I took a look at the cake (a crust with a raw filling between) and asked what is that? she started crying and guess what I ate that dam cake that day.

44years later we still laugh about her first cake.
________
vaporite solo

Good one, Redcountry! We have a similar story at our house but it had to do with a pie. Still gets a chuckle today. More than it did back when it was "fresh"!

Faster horses said:
Prolly (thanks TX TIBBS) the worse thing I ever burned was a pan of boiled eggs. They burst and it was like a bomb went off in my kitchen. Pieces of eggs were everywhere. On the floor, on the ceiling, on the front of the cupboards, on the clean dishes in the dish drainer, on top of the refrigerator...well, you get the picture... :x

Your Welcome, but not sure what it is or was i'm being thanked for :???: :???:

But I guess prolly the worst thing I've burnt (lately) was pecans as i was cooking them on the stove trying to make them candy coated or whatever. That **** when it hardens really HARDENS!!! I think I threw the pan away and needed a paint scraper to get it off my stove top!! The Pecans were good tho! (That is the ones that weren't burnt!!)

By the way...I was in my yard tonight and got to looking at my Pecan trees, and they are just LOADED with Pecans....anyone want some...haha...come pick em :lol: :lol: I think I've got 8 or 9 trees and they are going to produce way more than I'll ever eat...especially since I don't care for them anyway. I always take boxes of them home to distribute to my mother and gramma and anyone else. They are to expensive to buy at the store, and they don't grow up north so it works out.

TXTibbs said:
Faster horses said:

Your Welcome, but not sure what it is or was i'm being thanked for :???: :???:

But I guess prolly the worst thing I've burnt (lately) was pecans as i was cooking them on the stove trying to make them candy coated or whatever. That s*** when it hardens really HARDENS!!! I think I threw the pan away and needed a paint scraper to get it off my stove top!! The Pecans were good tho! (That is the ones that weren't burnt!!)

By the way...I was in my yard tonight and got to looking at my Pecan trees, and they are just LOADED with Pecans....anyone want some...haha...come pick em :lol: :lol: I think I've got 8 or 9 trees and they are going to produce way more than I'll ever eat...especially since I don't care for them anyway. I always take boxes of them home to distribute to my mother and gramma and anyone else. They are to expensive to buy at the store, and they don't grow up north so it works out.

Maybe you've bought yourself a no-stick skillet by now. Better Living Through Chemistry!! Another thing to do with all your pecans are sweet spiced pecans in the oven. I'll dig out the recipe if you want it. Makes a nice snack gift. Toss them in a little eggwhite then toss them in sugar and some spices and salt. Bake them. You might eat them all up before getting back to SD though cause they're good.
Wish we could grow pecans here. But the squirrels would get them anyway I guess.

TX TIBBS, thanks for your spelling of probably as prolly :wink:
Makes it easier and faster to type!

Hey, I'll be glad to pay the postage on pecans. Mike sent me some last year and they were awesome! We don't get big, fat, pecans like that. I have hoarded them and still have a few...

So count me in on some pecans and I'll pay the freight!!

Latest posts