• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What will M-ID totally Cost????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

STAFF ,if this is true ,could you set up a cow-calf operation that would tell which pasture the stock was in or if they came in to be fed?Day or Night?

source RFID data was available immediately, in real time, as it is retrieved on-line from ScoringAg's Web-based databank which updated the exact premises where the real time RFID reading took place down to the second the animal was read.

Do fish have ears, or do you have to brand them?

Seriously, research Cargill's plant in Nebraska. They are tracking cuts of beef back to individual animal. (segregated by "chipped" tray) wonder what that costs?

When you ask to be paid on quality and saleable product from selling live at the salesbarn, expect it.

I can see the day, when a base price is set, and then you receive further payment based on the quality and consistency of individual carcass. (better get rid of those injections sites and tag) I would think high prssure live washing costs alot, and you will be backcharged!

Some would have the packer do away with grids, formula pricing etc. Be careful what you wish for!

Joe Blow will soon be paid $1/lb live and then he will be discounted or receive a premium for what he produces. COOL won't be a big issue, quality and specs will be.

"you want to be paid for "born, rasied' location, you will see the day you are paid for it. And I'm sure the discounts for poor quality will more than make up for the packer costs of COOL.

Do you think the packers will market what they got, or will they let you dictate their market?

Seriously, research Cargill's plant in Nebraska. They are tracking cuts of beef back to individual animal. (segregated by "chipped" tray) wonder what that costs?

$0.0025 per unit

Murgen, on your "I see the day coming" statement, the following is from 1998. I found it interesting.

"Harlan Ritchey (Michigan State University) reported that a group of agricultural economists concluded, at a 1998 NCBA strategy conference, that: (a) Sixty alliances will form in the next 5 years. Four to eleven of those will control the U.S. supermarket meatcase. And, once an alliance gets a foothold; it will be able to dictate animal husbandry practice as well as quality, consistency and safety, and/or; (b) By 2010, the 30 largest cattle feeders will generate 50% of all finished cattle. They will align with cow/calf producers, packers, retailers and food-service operators to produce branded, source-verified beef. Those producers who resist this paradigm shift will fall further and further behind until they have no market at all."

fedup2 said:
Murgen, on your "I see the day coming" statement, the following is from 1998. I found it interesting.

"Harlan Ritchey (Michigan State University) reported that a group of agricultural economists concluded, at a 1998 NCBA strategy conference, that: (a) Sixty alliances will form in the next 5 years. Four to eleven of those will control the U.S. supermarket meatcase. And, once an alliance gets a foothold; it will be able to dictate animal husbandry practice as well as quality, consistency and safety, and/or; (b) By 2010, the 30 largest cattle feeders will generate 50% of all finished cattle. They will align with cow/calf producers, packers, retailers and food-service operators to produce branded, source-verified beef. Those producers who resist this paradigm shift will fall further and further behind until they have no market at all."

That is what market power allows you to do. It is in the works. GIPSA is falling down on its job and the responsibility of enforcing the PSA has lapsed into the hands of political opportunists. What a shame.

Porker,Our European and Austrailian rep.partners have some systems built and will be testing your exact thoughts.We could see the benifits for datalogging at night or seeing if those animals came up to get water or minerals.

Please keeps us informed on those developements as Everybody will need a crop or animal ID for what they sell in the Future.So Keep it up and Go ScoringAg!!!!

Latest posts