• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What would you do with your hour?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Because of Daylight Savings Time, soon we'll have to "spring ahead" and move our clocks forward one hour. If you had an hour to do anything you wanted, what would it be?

I have 24 hours to use everyday and most times I use them just as I want. But sometimes I have to do what the little woman wants! :shock: :roll: :wink: :D :lol:

Here in Saskatchewan we don't change our clocks. Since the time zone split our province nearly down the middle the time was set for the whole province. We are the same time as Manitoba and North Dakota in the winter and the same as Alberta and Montana in the summer. When I was dating my wife in Montana in the winter I could get to her place 4 miles away yet 40 miles by road before I left home but it took 2 hours to get home.

No time change in my part of BC either.... maybe cuz we couldn't figger out dem newfanled clocks what don't have any hands.... :lol:

Everyone asks if we are on Alberta time or Vancouver time. I maintain that for 6 months of the year, on of them is on OUR time.

katrina----if i still had that hour, i would probably spend it in the wee hours of the morning, gazing at all i love and all i am grateful for....5 healthy kids (even if one is a foster daughter and does not share my dna, she is still like one of my own)....a roof over my head (nothing fancy, but four walls to keep me warm is better than a cave or a hole in the ground).....a running vehicle (despite my 15 year olds best efforts :wink: ).....the ability to walk, talk, dress myself, speak for myself, wipe my own hiney :shock: ......the quiet of the night and the glow of the moon on the mountains to my east!!! we may not have money, but i still have so much to be grateful for that it is hard to feel sorry for myself for very long!!! :D
have a good/great one, Katrina!!!!

Ranchwife,

I'm kinda like you.... I thank the good Lord every morning when my feet hit the floor for another morning, and try and see the beauty in what ever tasks are at hand. I'm a fly by seat type of gal who if given lemons would make lemonade.(Mikes Hard Lemonade :wink: ) I think if there is anything is maybe not of said something that I did. :shock: :shock: It's a beautiful day!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

katrina said:
Ranchwife,

I'm kinda like you.... I thank the good Lord every morning when my feet hit the floor for another morning, and try and see the beauty in what ever tasks are at hand. I'm a fly by seat type of gal who if given lemons would make lemonade.(Mikes Hard Lemonade :wink: ) I think if there is anything is maybe not of said something that I did. :shock: :shock: It's a beautiful day!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Katrina---woke up this morning to clouds covering my mountains and am so grateful for the moisture that at 4 in the morning i cranked on the radio and sang along with travis tritt "it's a great day to be alive" and mopped the floor, did laundry, walked on my eliptical machine and watched the sunrise....then i woke the kids and the cowboy and wished them the best in this world!! i myself am also partial to the mike's version of lemonade....usually the raspberry flavor, though :wink: this weather may not make for easy plowing and planting, but sure helps out in the drought category!! :D

Get Out!!!!! You like the cranberry too????? That's my favorite!!!My hubby left this morning around 12:00 and 1:00 am to take the last load of spring wheat to Omaha, so I'm chief,cook and bottle washer...(I wonder where that saying came from?) Anyway got the fats fed the bulls and and some odd and ends cows. Got two calves this morning just before the sun rose. And kids drug out of bed and off to school.. The oldest one is taking the step test now, so I hope he does well with the time change. I know the little one will be a bear tonight. Man it is a beautiful morning, sounds like the wind is going to blow like heck tomorrow. Better go get my feeder wagon filled while it is calm.....

What little beer I drink is more likely to be in winter, too. I want it icy cold and it warms up too much just opening it, for my taste!

MRJ

What a funny zigzagging thread: from daylight savings to lemonade to beer. Do we have trouble staying on a topic or what?!
For me an hour roaming around outside is THE BEST. Especially now checking out what plants are springing to life through winter's debris.
Always amazes me how fast the perennials can grow.

A coyote was spotted near us. Our state and Maryland are the last states to be populated by coyotes. I know we'll learn to hate them as much as you all do eventually. But right now, we're eager to see a coyote and a cougar. (As long as they're not eating Spot!)

I love spending the extra hour in the evening enjoying what I have spent all day working at. At least I can see it!!!! Also, love to swing with my spouse in the evening and just listen to everything. So much goes on in the evening with wildlife, it is amazing!

Latest posts