• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What're everyone's New Years plans?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife

Reaction score
Our community is pretty small and every year the vet's club puts on a New Year's party at the VFW/community hall for anyone who wants to pay the cover charge of $8 a head. (12 and under are free) Which is the entire town and then some. :)

They feed us supper and then open the bar. Everyone sits around all night playing cards, toasting each other and chatting until the wee hours... No worries about tracking down a babysitter since everyone brings their kids who run around all night playing Hide&Seek or reading each other stories. The older kids watch out for the younger kids and it seems like anyone who shows up has fun.

I imagine it must be like an old fashioned barn dance. Without the dancing. :wink:

So what plans do the rest of you have?

Two reasons to celebrate, one is the obvious and the other is hubby's 44th birthday. I am taking him and the best friend out for supper, and then we're off to a small party at some good friends of ours. At midnight, the fireworks are going off. Can't wait!

Takin our daughter to a barrel race, along with New Year's Dinner (big ole ham (pigs root forward) Cabbage (for good fortune) and black eyed peas (fer good luck) cornbread and somekinda desert I haven't decided on yet)
she's all excited because this time she'll be runnin with girls from the NFR. I'll try to get pics to post, sometimes it's hard to catch a barrel turn, specially while mama's hoopin and hollerin and jumpin up n down.

Babysit grandkids so the young folks can go out--New Years is amateur night and if its one thing I can't stand is a bunch of once a year drunks.....

Probably watch PBR on TV and be in bed by the time its New Years even in New York.....

May you and everyone driving tonight have a safe journey, TX TIBBS.

We have our grandson so we will stay home and engage him in a game of cards or something else we may be able to dream up. Right now the guys are out target shooting and he is going to shoot the .270 for the first time!!

Faster horses said:
May you and everyone driving tonight have a safe journey, TX TIBBS.

We have our grandson so we will stay home and engage him in a game of cards or something else we may be able to dream up. Right now the guys are out target shooting and he is going to shoot the .270 for the first time!!

I am staying home to play cards with Faster Horses and Hick..

Don't drink and drive or drive and drink. Have a good one and see you next year.

We will be foregoing the usual party/dance at the Blue Moon Saloon and staying home with the kids and playing games...we have Yahtzee, Monopoly, Sorry, Trouble, The Farming Game and Tripoley!!! This way the whole family is in on the ringing in of the new year!!

Northern Rancher said:
ranchwife are you talking about the Blue Moon in P'wood-I've even done a few nights there meself.

Me too!!! And they had gaming and night sports also :wink: :lol:

Have some friends staying here (the ones we lease the rangeground from). We're cooking a turkey, stuffing, taters and corn. Still have some huckleberry cream cheese pie left (christmas present from the nieghbor :D ) Doubt any of us will make to midnight. :p
HiredMansWife's party sounds like fun!

My #1 son and his girlfriend came over from Bozeman, shared a nice meal of T-bone roast (cooked perfectly), twice-baked potatoes, fruit salad with honey-lemon dressing and homemade sourdough biscuits! Mmmmmmmmmmm! We exchanged Christmas gifts, too. They've already left so they don't have to dodge drunks, we never go out on New Year's Eve....just stay home and watch a movie or play a game. Everyone stay SAFE and talk to ya next year!!

Hubby dragged in from trip to Alabama late afternoon so we're just sitting in front of the fire eating popcorn and I'm contentedly reading garden and seed catalogues.
But- I treated myself to a phone call to.........................................
none other than Faster Horses! And she didn't sound at all like I thought she'd sound. Giv'er a call and see what you think.

Happy New Year to all of my Ranchernet buddies! :D

Oldtimer said:
Northern Rancher said:
ranchwife are you talking about the Blue Moon in P'wood-I've even done a few nights there meself.

Me too!!! And they had gaming and night sports also :wink: :lol:

No, guys!!! :lol: :lol: I am talking about the blue moon in Cameron, Montana.....population 12 (that includes our 6, the 2 owners, 2 other ranchers and their dogs) :wink: Quite the place to be on New Year's Eve.....I even offered to be designated driver and most of the folk have my cell phone number just in case.....I sure hope the rest of you are being as careful!!

We have friends who asked us out for supper and dancing. After the last week was really looking foreward to it. They teased me about driving so I slid under the wheel and just at the golf coarse managed to hit a deer. So much for having a good time everyone else did though. The food was good and it was the bands (young at heart) last time playing together. All those musicians who want to play contact John Grooms. They will be sadly missed. Guess will have to pomote the Littau family poka band... :D

Katrina; Hopefully you've left all your bad luck behind in"05" and the New Year will be much better! PS........ Stay away from your exotic coffee blends and at least your day will get off to a decent start!! :wink: :lol:

Latest posts