• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

whats a tooth woth in 2009?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nonothing

Reaction score
I was over visting my Mother yesterday and my nephews daughter,my Mothers great grandaughter was over visting.....She was excited to tell me about losing her tooth the day before .Like all kids,she put it under her pillow and the tooth fairy left four dollars...With the price of dental work these days i thought four dollars was kinda low ....lol...Then I realized,to her,it was not the amout that mattered,it was the fact she had gotten money from the tooth fairy.....So I just thought today,i would throw it out and ask the people of ranchers if anyone here has recently had a visit in their home from the tooth fairy .If so,what is the price of a tooth in your nieghborhood?....Maybe in these tough economic times even the tooth fairy is cutting back.... :) .

tooth fairy here starts out at 25 cents for the first tooth, and then increases 25 cents for every tooth after

Blkbuckaroo said:
i think the tooth fairy is certainly cutting back.But the tooth fairy does'nt always have to pay money.

An interesting idea....no money,what are some of the substitutes for cash? Maybe there are some neat idea's out there...just please do not tell me its a tooth brush and dental floss.... :)

Got all my teeth so can only guess,say a quart of "canada's best " :???:
good luck

A twoony is the going rate here. Dinky toys, stickers, pretend tattoo's, ticket to the smash up derby, baseball. You are only limited by your imagination. That is why it is $2.00 here. :?

per said:
A twoony is the going rate here. Dinky toys, stickers, pretend tattoo's, ticket to the smash up derby, baseball. You are only limited by your imagination. That is why it is $2.00 here. :?

This reminds me of that ole antique canadian dollar I have somewhere around here,posted a pic of it once on here,caint remember what it was called a tooney or looney,sumthin like that ,yall shore nuff have funny names for folding money :D :D
good luck

nonothing said:
Blkbuckaroo said:
i think the tooth fairy is certainly cutting back.But the tooth fairy does'nt always have to pay money.

An interesting idea....no money,what are some of the substitutes for cash? Maybe there are some neat idea's out there...just please do not tell me its a tooth brush and dental floss.... :)

One of the neighbors told his daughter that if she pulled her own tooth,a front one, he'd buy her a new bike.

She known for being a princess and wussie girl........but damnation that's a slick bike she's got!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

She yanked that tooth out like a champ!!!

YIKES....not to self DON"T let the grandkids spend the night when they start losing teeth...

My kids got a loony....

$4????? Holy cow! Inflation has even hit the tooth fairy in the pocket. :shock: We got a dime. (Am I aging myself here? :???: )

Well our middle son got his wisdom teeth cut out a bit ago and he had to PAY the doctor $1500!!! kinda like a tooth fairy in reverse????? :???:

HAY MAKER said:
per said:

This reminds me of that ole antique canadian dollar I have somewhere around here,posted a pic of it once on here,caint remember what it was called a tooney or looney,sumthin like that ,yall shore nuff have funny names for folding money :D :D
good luck

Haymaker, a loony is our $1.00 coin, it has a picture of a loon on one side. Our two dollar coin was named to ryme with the loony.

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
per said:

good luck

Haymaker, a loony is our $1.00 coin, it has a picture of a loon on one side. Our two dollar coin was named to ryme with the loony.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when the Granddaughter lost a tooth-- Toothfairy Grandpa left her a silver half dollar-- and she didn't even know what it was...I'd forgot you hardly see them around here anymore since all the horse racing died out.... See more Canuck looneys and tooneys....

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
per said:

good luck

Im gonna see if I can find that pic of the canadian bill,forgot what I have :???:
good luck

I always gave a 5 dollar bill. But our tooth fairy has a rule that if tooth can not be found quickly that the fairy will leave with out leaving anything.

Here is my canadian money,think it will still buy one of those canucklehead beers when I get up there ?
good luck

PS It dont say nuthin about looney or tooney :???:

06-14-2009065503PM.jpg

hmmmm.... that young lady on the bill looks kinda familiar..... who is that??? :D

You see that french writin on that dollar big dummie,that tells me you are french :D
good luck

Geepers Hay Maker, when was the last time you came up this way? Don't see too many of those any more. :shock:

Latest posts