• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's for Christmas Dinner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Everyone has their own traditions. I like Prime Rib on Christmas.
December09015.jpg

December09014.jpg

Lemon pie works for me.
December09021.jpg

Or Chocolate
December09020.jpg

Nice quiet afternoon at Grandma's House.
December09011.jpg

Reminder of what Christmas is all about.
December09012.jpg

And of course all good birthdays have a present or 2.
December09003.jpg

Food looks good! Being snowed in, my wife and I tried our luck at making a traditional Christmas dinner...man, talk about alot of work for just 3! After yesterday, I have a new found appreciation for those who make the big holiday meals every year for us.

We had spiral cut honey glazed ham,wild rice dish with mushrooms and sour cream,really good,salad ,red potatoes,several different cheeses and breads,cookies,wine and egg nog and brandy and a dessert of apple pie and ice cream 8)

Turkey, gravy, stuffing, peas, perogies with sour cream, mashed potatoes, beet pickles, salad. Ice cream and apple pie, shortbread cookies, fruitcake, assorted dainties for dessert.

Then we all need a rest............. those who cooked, and those who ate. :D

That lemon meringue pie looks delicious............ :p

Ok I have a question...what are the things on the plate to the left of the roll? Looks like some kinda squash cut in half maybe???

We had left over Turkey and Dressin, green beans....from a week ago when I cooked for all those people....I couldn't see throwin it away, then doin it all over again. Tasted just as good if not better the second time around. We did make new mashed potatos and some fruit salad...dinner rolls....and deserts to go with it. I made two lemon coconut buttermilk pies.

Oh and of course the chicken puffs and sausage balls for Christmas Eve grazing during the gift exchange. I'm still eatin on those.....mmmmmmm.

Well we did have both yams and sweet potatoes but I couldn't bring myself to contaminate my plate with them. Those purple things were baked potatoes. Not sure what make they are but they grow and taste like their whiter cousins. Most everything came from the ranch.

we have our big gathering today, and one next week, so Christmas day was just the kids, the wife, and I. so the kids split lunch duties. youngest daughter made fried ham, younger boy made cheesy green beans, older boy made a pineapple glaze for the ham, and oldestdaughter did up some mashed potatoes.....then we had a big pile of home made Christmas Candy !! mom and I did the dishes for them...was a GREAT day....one of the finest meals I have had in a while.

per said:
Well we did have both yams and sweet potatoes but I couldn't bring myself to contaminate my plate with them. Those purple things were baked potatoes. Not sure what make they are but they grow and taste like their whiter cousins. Most everything came from the ranch.
Food just taste so much better when it comes off the ranch.

A agree with the candied yams contaminatin the plate thing..just can't bring myself to do it either. LOL

But I will however contaminate my plate with sweet tater pie. Can't tell the difference tween it and punkin pie.

We had spiral cut honey roasted ham and a roast leg of lamb. Garlic smashed potatoes, half a dozen salads, fresh veggies and christmas cookies coming out of our ears. Then the whole fam damily got snowed in at our place. 15 people,3 dogs, 3 beds and a lot of floor.

If you drink some Manischewitz with Christmas Dinner, then I figure you're also celebrating Hanukah! :D

Latest posts