• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's for Dinner??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

USgal-In-Manitoba

Reaction score
Ok Ladies,

I'm getting sick of cooking/eating the same thing over and over again! Time for you to share some quick, simple and easy recipes with me. What do you cook for dinner and what is your favorite?

Anyone who knows how to cook please take a minute and share your favorite recipe.

Thanks

Us gal~

well I m no chef boyardee but heres a recipe I like.

Take a good big roast
throw it in the slow cooker
with some vegatibles (fresh peas, carrots, stewed tomatoes)
and let it brew all day.

Makes for a good hearty meal.

You should make this for your man US gal Im sure he would like it and thank you for it big time.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

A couple of my favorites, that are also very quick and easy!

1) Brown two pounds of hamburger, season with salt, pepper, anything else you like. Meanwhile, cook a bag of wide egg noodles. When the meat is browned to your liking, dump in a family sized can of cream of mushroom soup. Serve over the noodles. I like to make a good sized batch and freeze in individual bowls. I can take them to work, they are thawed out by lunch, and all I have to do is re-heat!

2) Diagonally slice a package of Hillshire Farms (or any other brand) smoked sausage or polska kielbaska (sp?) into about 1/2 inch slices. Brown in a little bit of olive oil in a 12 inch skillet. When browned, dump in a package or two of mixed vegetables of your preference. Put a lid on the skillet and let steam til veggies are done, stirring occasionally. Very good!!!

I also like to make spaghetti using Italian Sausage instead of hamburger. Adds a whole lot more flavor! Again, I make a good sized batch and freeze in individual bowls. Also, vermicelli works better for spaghetti than the spaghetti noodles. Hope you enjoy these! :)

Got this one off TV cooking show- extremely tender pork using a less expensive cut of meat:

Take about 3 to 7 lb pork butt, set it in a slow cooker, douse it with 1/3 cup worchestershire sauce, then smush 3/4 cup brown sugar onto the top of the meat, then pour down the inside of the pot about 1/2 cup applejuice so as to not disturb the sugar. Put lid on and slow cook 200 degrees about 7 hrs. Before serving add salt. Very tender and tasty pork.

Manitoba_Rancher said:

Take a good big roast
and let it brew all day.

You should make this for your man US gal Im sure he would like it and thank you for it big time.... :wink: :wink: :wink:[/quotte

I'm sure US gal appreciates you cooking advice. :wink:

I may have posted this before, but it is double good~so won't matter if it is posted twice.

Beef 'n Potatoes
For each serving, use one large portion of sliced round steak and one medium peeled potato. Cut the meat in 1"- 2" wide strips, flour the meat with flour seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown, using bacon drippings, butter or olive oil, whatever your conscience will allow. In a casserole, place a layer of the browned meat, add a layer of sliced raw potato, some sliced onion and generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

When all the portions are assembled in layers, finishing with the parmesan cheese, for each two or three servings, add 1 cup water and one beef boullion cube to the browning pan, deglaze the pan and pour the liquid over the beef and potatoes.

Cover and bake 350 degrees for one hour, until fork tender.

I hear ya-US Gal -it wouldn't be as bad if it were not always in a rush-you know-come from checking cattle and 3 men asking Whats for Dinner? Well-- Here is a quick and easy and all seem to like it
Brown 2 lb hamburger with onion
Meanwhile fix some instant mashed potatoes(6 - 8 )servings
Drain the hamb and put in casserole
pour in 1 can drained green beans
pour in 1 can tomato soup
season to taste then top with mashed potatoes and top with shredded cheese put in 325 oven for 20 mins-then ready to eat

The baby has been cranky and keeping my wife busy so I cooked burritos tonight

1) brown ground beef with garlic, onion, bell peppers& jalopinoes
2) boil pintos several hours in slow cooker with onion & jaloppinoes
3) fine cut lettuce and tomatoes
4) decent hot sauce is tomato juice and blended jalopinoes and garlic and salt
5) large tortillas and start wrapping

So you make a big burrito with lettuce all over it with diced tomatoes and olives, (take a bottle of ranch dressing and add a couple table spoons blended up fresh jalopinoes) put this ranch/pepper sauce on the lettuce. Little slices of lime are cool, and if you're inclined, iced Corona

Manitoba_Rancher said:

Take a good big roast
and let it brew all day.

You should make this for your man US gal Im sure he would like it and thank you for it big time.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Girls - I am no kook - er - I - mean cook, - - but my dear Wife IS, and she prepares this same meal that Manitoba_Rancher suggests here. It is great! :D You might throw in a few onions and pototoes (New potatoes) Make SURE that the beef is MARBLED very well - not too much excess fat outside -add some of your favorite herbs to enhance the flavor (Rosemary-Basil, Bay leaves, Thyme, and a little bit of Whatever) and make more than you think you will finish in one meal because it makes magnificent SANDWICH material that hubby can munch on while driving the tractor and - - making Hey - hey -e he - I mean HAY :roll:

here's a link to the Texas Beef Council's website. some quick & easy BEEF recipes:

http://www.txbeef.org/recipe_book.php3

Latest posts