• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

whats his wt ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

andrews29

Reaction score
IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

anybody want to give a guess on his wt ?

i have no idea was hoping some of you guys that s
have seen alot more than i have could give me a good guess. he is 11 months old have no idea about breed got his mom at a sale she is a black white face.

Couldn't you drive your pickup in the pen or something to give us frame of reference? I have no idea how big that Priefert chute is. :lol:

The rest of you are crazy. That sucker weighs at least 862 lbs. if he weighs an ounce! I'll guess him at 863 lbs. Somebody did weight him, right? Thought this was a contest?? :wink:

Well I think we oughta make it a contest...... with prizes and everything! :lol:

so this steer is a pain in the a.. do you all think if i put him on 30 days of grain and all the hay he can eat he would be ok to butcher ?

andrews29 said:
so this steer is a pain in the a.. do you all think if i put him on 30 days of grain and all the hay he can eat he would be ok to butcher ?

I like mine fed longer then 30 days. We have been putting about 12- days worth of corn into most of ours. Not that that is the best way, just how I like my beef to taste.

andrews29 said:

I wouldn't butcher him that quick. I'm like LazyWP. At his size he still needs some time til he's finished. But since he's standing in your corral, you can do what ya want! :D

andrews29 said:

if that is what you want/need to do, it'll work just fine.

If it were me I'd feed him up a little more than that, and feed him anything but corn or stinkweed. :shock:
I prefer them fat on grass or good hay, maybe a couple weeks on chopped barley at the end.... but that's me.

Latest posts