• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dang, Big Muddy - 1:29 AM Central Time? Are you up checking heifers or fighting aches and pains like some of the rest of us?

But, yeah, Cedar Tree Holler, a general location like your state would be nice. Welcome to Ranchers.net.

A little cooler around here this morning with mid-40's, but spring is sure here with some 80's earlier in the week. Hardwood trees are leafing out and warm season grasses are starting to show up.

Dang, Big Muddy - 1:29 AM Central Time? Are you up checking heifers or fighting aches and pains like some of the rest of us?

But, yeah, Cedar Tree Holler, a general location like your state would be nice. Welcome to Ranchers.net.

A little cooler around here this morning with mid-40's, but spring is sure here with some 80's earlier in the week. Hardwood trees are leafing out and warm season grasses are starting to show up.
The mention of rain gets me excited. I don't remember why I was up but I think my dog wasn't feeling good.

This whole area, from Mt, WY, SD is under a high wind watch (50-60 mph winds) and some areas are in a Fire Weather Watch as well. Way too early for that.😢 Going to get to 75 degrees in those places next Saturday and Sunday. If you are of a mind to, they would certainly appreciate your prayers.

Warm and muggy this morning. This is the kind of weather we need to finally start growing some grass. I've still got a lot of cattle wanting hay, and that's a little later than usual.

I try to save some of my best hay to leave scattered around late in the season to encourage them to grab a bite when they walk by, but it's time for them to quit it - according to the calendar. But, looking at the ground is different than looking at the calendar, and it seems to me that they're going to need some help for another week or two at least.

Beautiful right now not to hot with a breeze here and there looks beautiful out
2DB722FB-F9EA-4318-BE18-D6E85088A65B.jpeg

This evening the clouds are building from the northwest. Sure look promising. The weather app on my phone says we could get a foot of snow in the Wasatch mountains but it's usually about as correct as the talking heads on TV. Had to build a fire in the wood stove tonight. The breeze has a chill to it.

Gosh it's dry here.About 2.5" or rain since last August and a some dry snow melt.The wheat around is pitiful looking and my oats that I was hoping to bale for hay is the same.We do have a chance of rain tonight,but that's what the weatherman's been saying for the last 2 days and nothing yet...Sigh

Not unusual for the wind to blow here but predominantly from the south. Last few days it is from the north and cold. Warm days predicted and no rain for a week but the alfalfa is growing amazing for no irrigation. I believe they will get the first cutting without watering. The few that did start their wheel lines woke up to some elaborate ice sculpturing last week. The native grasses do look behind schedule and waiting for more warmth and moisture.

Latest posts