• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

106 again at noon and they are still hanging on to their 119 at 4 PM prediction. I really can't tell the difference between 110 and 120. Sadly this heat doesn't affect goatherds. They are the only thing looking healthy. I noticed they had cut the canal level down to about half. No report of fires so far which is a great thing to report.

UPDATE: 4 PM 117 degrees with light wind. Forecast for low in the morning at 79.

Last edited:
117 was the high yesterday and now at 3:45 AM it is 83. Much too hot with a cooking hot wind at about 15 MPH. Just read where a friend had her apples cook on the tree yesterday. She said they were brown and withered and has never seen anything like it and she has been here her entire life. I reminded her of the year the grasshoppers invaded and all our almost ripe apricot and cherry trees had nothing but pits hanging by the stem in just a few hours. It was like watching a science fiction movie.

Forecast for next 14 days. 100, 103,103, 100,100, 98, 96, 98, 99, 100, 100, 100, 100, 101.

87 at 06:30 AM and I am out to mow the lawn. We are not supposed to mow before 7 AM, but the ordinance takes second to my well-being.

Last edited:
We are blessed with cool evenings, nights and mornings...so far...
But it is 83 at 10:30 this morning. Going to get into the 90's as far out as I can see.
I feel for our friends in SE Montana. 20 mph winds on Thursday and Friday with temperatures hovering
around 100. 😰
I feel bad for everyone in this excessive heat. I can imagine what it is doing to fuit, and Mountain Cowgirl
just posted about someone's apples. So sickening sad.

Not a good day to have a flat tire on the pickup. At least it clouded up while putting it back on. Of course after I was done it went from 100 to 90 in just a few minutes. Raining big drops. I am fearing lightning later today. Good thing Bert finally showed up to bale the hay this morning.

It just rained a little bit. Bert has one of those truck self loaders to haul the bale out of the field to the stack yard coming tomorrow. There is one little field up hill from the neighbor. I wanted to splash it before the neighbor was going to cut. So the plan was to haul the 14 bales out of that field and stack them in a manner as to serve as a back stop for the truck hauler tomorrow. A little thunder. It kept getting closer. As I went to unload the last 6 bales the sky opened up. Lots of thunder and flashes of lightning and it poured. That tractor doesn't have a cab but it does have a roof. No matter it was raining sideways. So much for dry lightning. I got that hay unloaded and stacked but not a single square inch of dry cloths. I about die of heat stroke changing a tire this morning and near drown stacking hay this afternoon. Are we having fun yet?

It just rained a little bit. Bert has one of those truck self loaders to haul the bale out of the field to the stack yard coming tomorrow. There is one little field up hill from the neighbor. I wanted to splash it before the neighbor was going to cut. So the plan was to haul the 14 bales out of that field and stack them in a manner as to serve as a back stop for the truck hauler tomorrow. A little thunder. It kept getting closer. As I went to unload the last 6 bales the sky opened up. Lots of thunder and flashes of lightning and it poured. That tractor doesn't have a cab but it does have a roof. No matter it was raining sideways. So much for dry lightning. I got that hay unloaded and stacked but not a single square inch of dry cloths. I about die of heat stroke changing a tire this morning and near drown stacking hay this afternoon. Are we having fun yet?
You shouldn't get bored with the weather.

Today marks 10 straight days of 100+ degree temperatures. Back when I lived on the coast with all the rain in the winter by about February I was ready for a trip to some sunny south sea island. Ten days of 100 degree weather I am ready for a trip to the arctic or antarctic which ever is cooler.

Finally caught a little tank water and the creeks have started running again from the rain from the 4th weekend.Pastures will be good for another 30 days,but that's all it bought us was another 30 days.Glad to have it though.Any amount is appreciated around here.

15F14BD8-A3D3-4C31-BC69-02FDD8FFE632.jpeg

Currently here on the desert

I think it was 88 here today. Last night it was 83 degrees at 11 pm. That's more of what 'H calls stupid.
It did finally cool off. We aren't used to hot nights, and I hope we never get used to them. It is to get to 59 tonight.
No moisture either. Our friends in SE MT got 2" in 10 days but it didn't revive the grass. It was too far gone.😥
It will have to come enough moisture to start over. The grasshoppers are terrible there. There is nothing left.
All that has saved us is irrigating water. We still have some. Mr. FH has it back on the grass, maybe we will get a
2nd cutting of grass. That has never happened in 58 years since we have been doing this. So we'll see. Time will
tell. If we do we will credit it to fertilizing and getting the first crop off early.

I doubt it,but I'm beginning to wonder if we are coming out of our 30 year drought.Rains or sprinkles daily.Not used to this.Especially in July.Hate to continue to hear how dry some of you are out west.I definitely know how you feel.

Latest posts