• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

California and Oregon are exporting timber products into western Utah. Too bad the idiots can't sent lumber instead of smoke. The sunrise was smoky today
18518341-57BC-4EBF-A79C-6DF99C28657E.jpeg

No offense to the many wonderful people who inhabit said states.

I find it pretty sad that if a single cow belches, the climate explodes into a black hole. But when we shut down logging and allow the forests to burn, that's natural πŸ™„

Oregon and Washington have 15 fires over 200 acres. A total yesterday of 649,016 acres. That is a lot of timber and grazing up in smoke.

Forecast for today: High of 103; tomorrow 106. UGH! πŸ˜“
Our heating and plumbing guy says there are lots of problems with air conditioners in our area. We aren't used to this kind of heat for extended periods and things aren't made for that. I had no idea there were different products for different areas.
I thought A/C was A/C. Guess not.

A picture taken from in front of the house looking at Little Lookout Mt. today. And a picture of the same mountain without the smoke haze. The second picture was taken from about 100 feet down the driveway. The smoke has been much worse on previous days.
Looking for pictures of Little Lookout I realized the only time I took pictures of it was when there was snow.

Attachments

• P7262614.JPG
    P7262614.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 19
  • P2012330.JPG
    P2012330.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 20
80 degrees at 5:45 this morning. It was a scorcher yesterday. Got to 106. The weather is saying 86 today with thunder showers. if something happens to keep it to 86 you can bet there will be thunder and lightning.

Two nights ago the monsoon rolled in and I about didn't make it home from work. Flash flooding along my route home. We got a little rain at the house and a little more up on the mnt. But the sky opened up west of here and it was wild
View attachment 1213View attachment 1214
Wowie, hope you keep getting it and maybe share a little with us!

i was at Haines agin with our roping school today. It was miserable hot and dusty. I drank 2 soda, 4
gatoraids, and 5 bottle of water. Sweat every drop out today. When we got done at 3:00 I saw several lightning strikes. Got back to Durkee and the guys were on a fire caused by a car wreck on the freeway. We were all on high alert with a few lightning strikes around.

I got 0.3 inch of rain over night and there is a steady drizzle falling now. Puddles in the driveway. A bunch of us were standing around discussing fires and lightning last night. Bert said it shouldn't rain for 5 hours and 20 minutes. After that I could pour. He needed to get through July for his drought insurance to pay. I think he missed it. I had a pretty heavy rain falling at 10:00 last night.
I need to go change the irrigation tarps. But right now with the rain falling I am not inspired.

Rained hard again last evening. I went on the wheeler to check my cows and shoulda taken the truck. I couldn't of been wetter if I'd a fell in the ocean. Wonderful storm. Lightning was snapping all around me but too wet for a fire. More could come today. These monsoons are heaven sent for sure 😁

Nicky sure wish I could send ya some

Rained hard again last evening. I went on the wheeler to check my cows and shoulda taken the truck. I couldn't of been wetter if I'd a fell in the ocean. Wonderful storm. Lightning was snapping all around me but too wet for a fire. More could come today. These monsoons are heaven sent for sure 😁

Nicky sure wish I could send ya some
I think Nicky is probably getting some. Mine went from 0.3 at about 6:15 to near half an inch at 7:45. During that time I was changing irrigation. There is a gap between where a rain coat stops and the hip boots start. And the rain coat is a refugee from when I lived on the coast. It may have a few leaks. But years of working in the woods on the Washington coast taught me that I won't melt in the rain. But the irrigation is changed for another day......

Rain started at 3am this morning, then another storm at 5:30. Rain gauge said just under an inch. Mile NW got 1.5 in... Since the Wind Farm 10 mi NW the storms change direction at the wind farm and turn south..

We got enough to settle the dust, maybe the pump is getting primed! Sure smells good.
'H, you probably enjoyed being that wet!

I wrote that first thing this morning but apparently didn't hit the 'post' button. We now have puddles and it's still raining pretty hard. Happy Happy!!!!

Nary a drop here and lots of smoke with low ceiling level holding it in despite a breeze. Drier than a parched buzzard's bones. Hotter than the devil's pitchfork as my dad used to say with over 100 yesterday and not enough morning cooling to shut down AC. No opening windows with the smoke, but would enjoy just the fan running to keep the air fresh without the artic feeling.

Latest posts