• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mud puddles in the driveway don't get nearly the love they should. I know that I really appreciate them. The only down side to this rain is that it is awfully muggy today.

Attachments

• P8012618.JPG
    P8012618.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
Just got off the phone with my cousin in SW Utah. They got 3 inches of rain in Iron county. Massive flooding in the town of Enoch and in Cedar City. North of here about thirty miles a flash flood came down Soldier canyon and closed the highway. Been a wild few days. Drying trend starts tomorrow

We got enough to settle the dust, maybe the pump is getting primed! Sure smells good.
'H, you probably enjoyed being that wet!

I wrote that first thing this morning but apparently didn't hit the 'post' button. We now have puddles and it's still raining pretty hard. Happy Happy!!!!
Right after I told H that you were probably getting rain I looked it up on two different weather radar maps. I didn't want to give misinformation. It looked like you were getting rain and about to get heavy rain. It is wonderful isn't it.

Bert has about 30 acres of second cutting alfalfa that got raked on Saturday and rained on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Now we have another one headed this way. Looks like will be getting rain in another hour or so. It is already hitting Unity and nearly to Baker. The weather forecast is saying a quarter inch. I feel like calling Bert and saying whatever you do don't bale that hay. We need the rain.

Our storms used to come from the NW out of the Panhandle and NW KS. Now they get about 15miles away and hit the wind farm and turn straight South and miss us. Living on the Southeast of one of the big wind farms in OK. Weathe has changed here due to wind farms I don't care what the experts say.

Two days ago there was a big storm south of me at Ironside and Unity. Looked like it was coming my way but it turned to the east. Yesterday same thing. Looking out to the south the sky was black. I could hear thunder booming. To the northeast over Little Lookout Mountain I saw lightning flash. It looked like it was pouring down rain. I got 0.03 inch of rain. That isn't enough to settle the dust. I see Bert is raking the hay which got rained on Saturday evening/Sunday morning. DON'T BALE THAT HAY, we need the rain.

Lots of thunder out there tonight. The radar is looking good for rain. If it does give us a good thunder shower should I call Bert and thank him for raking the hay? ;)

It is 50 degrees out on the deck this morning. We had opened all the windows last night so it is 60 inside the house. Feels nice. Trouble is it wont stay this cool for long today.

46 here. So smoky I can't see the mountain ten miles away. Will be mid 90's later. Pneumonia weather for calves. Me and my daughter are headed to town to get covid tested in a few hours. Both of us have sore throat and coughs. Strange to say I hope it's the smoke. We shall see

46 here. So smoky I can't see the mountain ten miles away. Will be mid 90's later. Pneumonia weather for calves. Me and my daughter are headed to town to get covid tested in a few hours. Both of us have sore throat and coughs. Strange to say I hope it's the smoke. We shall see
Good luck 'H and daughter. I hope it's the smoke causing your issues. I don't even trust the testing.

Tested negative. For what that's worth🙄
I wouldn't if ever been tested but required by my day job
Back last fall I tested negative too. I always thought of myself as a positive person. But they called and said I tested negative. Well they are the medical professionals so I guess they should know.

All this smoke might be a problem for our livestock too. I can't believe it is good for them. Here in OK it is hazy and sometimes like a thin cloud...

Very smokey this morning. It was 100 yesterday and 59 this morning. There is a fire about 50-60 miles southwest of us. It was reported at 8,000 acres Wednesday morning. Over 15,000 acres yesterday morning. With 100 degrees and a strong wind yesterday I am wondering what the report will be this morning.

Latest posts