• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yesterday evening Bert and I were holding cows from coming back. He said he hoped it would rain for today's finish to the drive. Softens up the road and the cows travel better. Well it has been raining steady all morning. I am sitting here trying to work up the desire to go change the irrigation. This next tap is always a pain in the rear to get open.

most late yesterday morning and afternoon
DSCN2717.JPG

That's great, Jody. We drove through that storm on the way to Spearfish yesterday afternoon.
Our daughter had emergency appendectomy surgery and we went to pick her up. That storm
was NASTY. We thought it might hail. It came down hard and the wind was ferocious. We had to get her Jeep and drive it and our vehicle back. I was not wanting to drive through that but it was necessary. By the time we came back it was gorgeous out. Sun shining on the glistening grass...oh
it was stunning. We came home today and we hadn't had a drop of rain. 😞
We are still thankful for the 3.5" we got over the Memorial weekend, but we would sure like some more.

It rained heavily all night. Still coming down less aggressive with large cold drops. My prediction of a wet and cool June seems to be coming true. Day temperatures are in the 70s and low 80s.

About 60 degrees with a slow drizzly rain. I have been working on getting my boat up and running. But it is parked in the barn where there is poor lighting and no plug in. Puttered in the shop but no shop projects. Just straighten up and pick up stuff. A slow lazy day to go along with the rain.

We are still waiting for rain. There is a flood advisory out, I guess it must be raining in the mountains and loosening the snow pack up there. We haven't been able to irrigate. There is a problem with the main ditch. Luckily it isn't a huge deal for us, but I hope those that really need it are getting water.
Now in order to irrigate, it would down some grass, so maybe it will be dryland hay this year.

Rain again today. The forecast is for a dry Monday and I hope they are right so I can get my lawn cut. It will take 2 settings as it is too tall for my regular setting. I wish I had a small tractor and sickle bar mower for the first pass. The temp is in the mid-60s.

I hope you get relief from that heat soon, Leanin. I am also hoping you get some of our cold rains. Wonderful to hear that your pasture is looking good Nicky. Hard to believe we are nearly halfway through June. The second cutting of alfalfa is sure looking great.

Unbelievable! It has rained most of the day and I questioned my vision when I just checked the map and see it is heavy rain clear to the coast. It is blowing from the west and the weather write-up says it will continue heavy until 8 AM tomorrow which agrees with the map. So far today .6"

Third straight day at or over 100F. Just left a viewing for a friends dad in the bigger town north of here. Was only 88 there. Guess we aren't living right. 🤷‍♂️

It was in the 60's and rained again today. It was about the same yesterday. Maybe the day before. For the last 8 weeks or so it has rained often enough that I don't remember if it did or didn't. Every morning when I go out to change the irrigation I question why I am doing this. Grass in the hay meadows is about 4 feet tall. One neighbor ran out of hay April 1. So he kicked the cows in a section on my southern border. They ate it to the ground. On April 20 he turned them into the BLM. There is now about a foot of grass in that section to the south of me. I am not saying this to brag. And I sincerely feel for those who need rain. I am simply amazed at the recovery this country has made.

Belle Fourche and Phillip SD have had devastating hail. Phillip for 2 nights in a row.
I've seen pictures...baseball size hail and some of it jagged. I hope it hasn't hurt any livestock.
Sure raised heck with buildings, grass, etc. It was in a big area.

Still waiting for rain here. Not looking good for this next week. Going to get hot too.
Talked to a guy in NE, he said it was hot there and was to get over 100 today.

I can't imagine hail like that, would be devastating, and I can't imagine the poor animals. I know Soapweed said they had a hail storm and you could see bloody streaks on black cowso_O Sure wouldn't be good to hit a feedlot.
On a happier note we got .85" on sat and sunday! Rode for some friends today and had long johns on.

Latest posts