• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Whats this?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yeap here too, fairly decent amount too, right at 2 inches. This is what it looked like when we went to put out hay after dinner today.

2006-01-22-002-Got-Mud.jpg

Got mud?

2006-01-22-004-Tippin-hay-r.jpg

Tippin hay ring.

2006-01-22-007-Soggy-Job.jpg

Cuttin n pullin strings

Glad you finally got rain - - - I would have gladly have shipped you some of ours.

So far we have only had three weeks of winter - - - last two weeks of Nov and first week of Dec. been in the 30s at night and 50 to 60s in the day with at least 4 days of rain a week.

I never thought I would miss frozen ground.

I hope the rain is enough to start your grass and seeded forages! How wide an area is wet? Hope it's enough to also cut down the fire danger!

Perdy much from central texas all the way east, most of eastern oklahoma and arkansas got rain, now it's headed to the north eastern states and they are expected to get up to 6 inches of snow from this weather system.
So YES definately helped the fire danger.....

Funny thing bout this internet......Puts a "Face" on things.....

When I saw the weather channel that Texas was going to get lots of rain, my first thoughts were good for Lily and Haymaker. When I see moisture hit Montana, my thots go to wondering if it is going where the folks on here need it,

Hope you get what you need when you need it

Pat

LOL Tibbs, it's supposed to be dry out there......it's a desert. :p I'll admit tho the last few times I've been home, it's been greener than normal. bout 4 years ago they had 52 inches of rain in one year. we went home and I was in shock, there was actually grass in the pastures that was green, instead of the usual brown needle grass that you see. Always usta go by the mesquite bushes puttin on leaves to know if spring had really sprung, here we go by the pecan trees, and hickory nut trees. If they aint puttin on buds and leaves, it aint spring yet, lol even tho the temps may feel like it.

well i,m glad to see ya'll got some rain over there
it is still dry here seems like all the rain goes north of us here
i see in the pic's that you knew where your slicker was i don't think i can remember where mine is

It's not usually handy when ya need it, but Mr Lilly and I had been workin down at the shop one day about a month ago, and I seen it down there........I put it behind the seat of my truck, and he was glad that I had it the day I took those pics. Sure hope ya'll git rain soon up there in Hereford.

And you too Tibbs :wink:

It's rather hard to "put a face" on you folks, by just looking at the pictures. It looks like Wilson and family at work. There is a hay bale as a prop instead of Wilson's normal picket fence. :wink: Glad you are getting some rain to get the grass started.

I hope things keep looking up for you - - - I can hardly believe we have had 5 days in a row without rain. I know in the middle of summer we will be looking for it but it has been a nice reprieve

Latest posts