• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's wrong with this Calf..............

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
This calf weighs approximately 750 pounds. (weighed 695 on 6-20-11) Frame size for momma and sire is 6.8 Breeding is Sitz Alliance 6595 sire, breeding on the cow is Alderda Traveler 416 and GDAR Traveler 044.

bull%2525201.jpg

good luck

I like his breeding.I like his color. :wink:
6.8 frame would be larger than what we would want,
but that might change as he gets older.

Outside of his back looking like it has a hump in it, :p I think he
cuts up too much in his flank. But it's so hard to tell from a picture.
He's standing pretty stretched out, too.
All-in-all he's probably a pretty nice calf.

Was there supposed to be something wrong with him? :wink:

Growth is good and I like his bloodlines also Hay Maker but he looks like he was put together with a slingshot in those photos.

He likely looks better in real life, I can't take a good picture of bulls either.

Just my opinionated opinion. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Growth is good and I like his bloodlines also Hay Maker but he looks like he was put together with a slingshot in those photos.

He likely looks better in real life, I can't take a good picture of bulls either.

Ya your right, Probably the calf's biggest fault is his owner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
I like his breeding.I like his color. :wink:
6.8 frame would be larger than what we would want,
but that might change as he gets older.

Outside of his back looking like it has a hump in it, :p I think he
cuts up too much in his flank. But it's so hard to tell from a picture.
He's standing pretty stretched out, too.
All-in-all he's probably a pretty nice calf.

Was there supposed to be something wrong with him? :wink:

yes..........what was wrong with him are the things you mentioned.
good luck

katrina said:
Send him up Haymaker, let me keep him this summer, then I will be able to tell you next spring what's wrong with him... :p :p

I bet you have plenty feed up there, but this one wont be headed North.
good luck

PS send some rain, damned drought is got us down for the count.

gcreekrch said:

I like the way he was bred too, and no he dont look any better up close, if anything not as good, be my bet.
good luck

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:

Ya your right, Probably the calf's biggest fault is his owner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Say boy, we aint critiquing his owner, it's a known fact he is a pure redneck. :D

good luck

PS Seen the pictures of granny Tam and the boy, you done good, boy already has big hands, I like that.

HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:
Send him up Haymaker, let me keep him this summer, then I will be able to tell you next spring what's wrong with him... :p :p

I bet you have plenty feed up there, but this one wont be headed North.
good luck

PS send some rain, damned drought is got us down for the count.

Done deal... Remember you are one day closer to a rain..... A drought ain't for pantywaists...

You can nit pick anything but while my eyesite isn't what it was a few decades ago I don't see anything I can't fix by running him here for a while!

You know I need a little hands on to evalulate him right.

I was at at a seminar about 6 or 7 yrs ago, the main topic of discussion was drought and drought planning. An expert was giving a talk and had everyone's attention. He concluded with these words of wisdom "At the end of every drought is a rain storm." Lots of people didn't find humor in that statement because they wanted a solution. If only you knew when it would rain planning would be much simpler and less stressful.

Latest posts