• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wheat Crop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Haytrucker

Reaction score
I was just curious how the wheat turned out in north-western SD and Eastern MT. I guess western ND would be in the same area.. Our harvestors go to the Billings area before they go back home before the fall run. They told us this summer the best wheat they had cut so far was in Nebraska, which is unusual because they generally cut some 60 bushel or better at home.
My friend disguised as an employer said the other day "this was the best crop I can remember on this place". He's only worked or farmed the outfit since 1981. I just hope that some of the drought-tolerant wheat worked on further north.
When I was picking calves out of the snowdrifts in April, I was thinking this might not be all bad. We saved some of the calves, and so far the survivors have grass...

A lot of the spring wheat harvest is just getting rolling around here now...Finally getting some hot dry days...
I haven't really heard any numbers- but this could be the best crops I've seen in my 60+ years ... If the hail didn't get them- they should yield good..
The only thing we've harvested so far is some Willow Creek forage winter wheat that my son and cousin had seeded- and it ran about 60 bushel to the acre- and we got a lot of straw bales off it...

Latest posts