• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHEEE!!!! Hookey Bobbin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Got 4-6" snow couple days ago, quickly melting today. 12 yr old daughter had a friend spend the night last night, today they wanted to go "Hookey Bobbin". Now this is a two-word phrase I was not familiar with until I met and married my spouse. It's just tying a couple ropes and a couple sleds onto the back of the 6-wheeler we have. Used to do this as kids when we lived in Illinois, when it was legal, dad would pull us with the station wagon down the road that passed the front of our house. It was a neighborhood thing, and it was FUN!! We didn't call it hookey bobbin, anyway.....

Daughter made it clear to me they wanted to "hookey bob" in the pasture I had not yet harrowed. "But mom, those frozen cow pies make it so much more fun"!! :shock: Soooo... 8) 8) Ran those two girls into some of the roughest, cow-pieiest places I could find. :shock: 8) For some reason, they couldn't stay in their sleds :shock: :shock:. Not only that, we have some places where I could drive at the top of a small ridge, turn sharply to the left, they would end up going down part of the slope over all those cow pies 8) 8) . Rarely did they stay on their sleds when I did that!!! :wink: I had more fun than those girls, I think. My daughter is probably covered from head to toe in bruises, she is complaining of being a little sore :shock: :shock: I told her tomorrow she probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed. 8) :wink: That was our day!!! :D :D

Wifes brothers had a gig where a square bale was frozen on a car hood, a pole tied on the back of a pick up box, cross ways with the long side on the left.

To qualify to be worthy to gain my wifes hand, the truck would drive up the road and burn a, u know at the cross roads and yes approaches where on the way there and back. To hold the seat was a challenge!

Lots of fun but some doubts about my worthiness and their sanity.

:oops:

Canadian Angus

ranchwife said:
hanta yo....after the night i have had at work, i needed that "visual" to get me through :D :D thanks a million!! :wink:

Ranchwife,

My sister is a RN for a County Jail in Colorado. She comes up with some stories... how bad is bad for your night last night? Just wonderin', and I care.... :)

Hookey Bobbin' was a blast, though, but the snow really started melting and I was losing traction, I was getting cautious and slowing down (believe it or not, I rolled our 6-wheeler upside down, lucky for roll bars) and I sure didn't want to do THAT again. Listening to those 2 little darling girls SCREAMING their heads off. PRICELESS!!!!

canadian angus said:
Wifes brothers had a gig where a square bale was frozen on a car hood, a pole tied on the back of a pick up box, cross ways with the long side on the left.

To qualify to be worthy to gain my wifes hand, the truck would drive up the road and burn a, u know at the cross roads and yes approaches where on the way there and back. To hold the seat was a challenge!

Lots of fun but some doubts about my worthiness and their sanity.

:oops:

Canadian Angus

That sounds SCAREY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hanta Yo said:
ranchwife said:
hanta yo....after the night i have had at work, i needed that "visual" to get me through :D :D thanks a million!! :wink:

Ranchwife,

My sister is a RN for a County Jail in Colorado. She comes up with some stories... how bad is bad for your night last night? Just wonderin', and I care.... :)

Hookey Bobbin' was a blast, though, but the snow really started melting and I was losing traction, I was getting cautious and slowing down (believe it or not, I rolled our 6-wheeler upside down, lucky for roll bars) and I sure didn't want to do THAT again. Listening to those 2 little darling girls SCREAMING their heads off. PRICELESS!!!!

Hanta Yo....lastnight was bad more emotionally than physically!! one of my 17 year old sons good friends was life-flighted to salt lake burn center after some "friends" at a party started making moltof (spelling??) cocktails and playing "baseball" with them....unfortunately, this wonderful young man was hit in the back with one as it exploded!! his polar fleece jacket melted to his body and he was flown out with 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns.....super nice kid who never even whimpered when i put the i.v. and the foley catheter in him....when the life flight crew left and we got the parents on their way, i lost it...i broke down and cried myself sick!! :cry: :cry: spent the morning praying for him and his family!!

And they thought that was fun????? Geez, I thought my friends and I were a bunch of hellions when I was younger. Sure seem pretty tame now! I read stories about what some of these younger kids are doing these days and I just shake my head. Makes me glad I don't have children of my own to worry about. I don't know how the rest of you do it. I hope everything turns out all right for the young man, as well as it can anyways considering the circumstance.

What an awful situation, no matter how you look at it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all, this young man, and his family.

Latest posts