• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

When tow trucks need a hand 😁

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Headed home tonight across my usual desolate road I commute on I found a Feller in need of some help. He was on his way to rescue a hotshot driver who lost his transmission and encountered a wet patch of road. He decided to attempt to going around in in two wheel drive that was a poor decision to put it mildly. Luckily for him and the broken down guy, a certain other guy came along in a Dodge and saved the day 😂🤠😁
Guess I better start a new business.
H's towing for tow trucks.
5A9DACF5-745E-486F-A5AF-BA3FC2301A96.jpeg
2F4403A8-D66D-4DB9-B028-25223DA9A12C.jpeg

Attachments

• 0D67EFB7-BC26-446C-9FF2-29287F2BFB3B.jpeg
    0D67EFB7-BC26-446C-9FF2-29287F2BFB3B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • A212880D-0CA2-45AD-9EA7-E7F57DECF7A2.jpeg
    A212880D-0CA2-45AD-9EA7-E7F57DECF7A2.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 40
I have a winch on my Power Wagon, Pulled a couple of Canada Border Services Personnel out of the ditch. Christmas eve and Christmas Day two years in a row. The first time the Tow Truck was 2 hours away so called me.

Great photos! They brought on a smile. I can't count the number of times when I lived in the mountains that I pulled new fancy 4 WDs out of the ditch and once the creek when it was full of plowed snow. It was embarrassing for the macho guys with their new big diesel Dodges to be pulled out by a bushed-headed young lady driving an old 4 WD International that had a selection of chains and cables for any occasion and a couple of heavy-duty come-a-longs. Also a couple of old square edge shovels for shoveling out ruts and chipping ice. The hardest thing to get over to these guys was don't get on it and dig yourself deeper. The most common pull was the UPS guy.

Last edited:
Great photos! They brought on a smile. I can't count the number of times when I lived in the mountains that I pulled new fancy 4 WDs out of the ditch and once the creek when it was full of plowed snow. It was embarrassing for the macho guys with their new big diesel Dodges to be pulled out by a bushed-headed young lady driving an old 4 WD International that had a selection of chains and cables for any occasion and a couple of heavy-duty come-a-longs. Also a couple of old square edge shovels for shoveling out ruts and chipping ice. The hardest thing to get over to these guys was don't get on it and dig yourself deeper. The most common pull was the UPS guy.
What does bushed-headed mean? Never heard that term and I thought I had heard everything. 😊

What does bushed-headed mean? Never heard that term and I thought I had heard everything. 😊
I had real curly bushy hair back then. It was like a bush on my head. I even had a bird land in it once when I was building my log cabin. A friend from town with her 3-year-old daughter had just stopped by and the silly little thing laughed so hard she peed herself.

Back when the road in front of my house was shale, I made good money every winter pulling the oil trucks out. Made over $1000 one weekend. I never asked for money, Dad tld me it was bad luck. If offered by the oil patch, I would take it. I never would take money from an individual...
It just wasn't the way I was raised...

I have a winch on my Power Wagon, Pulled a couple of Canada Border Services Personnel out of the ditch. Christmas eve and Christmas Day two years in a row. The first time the Tow Truck was 2 hours away so called me.
Did they say what they were doing out there?

A fella from Arkansas was broken down in his hotshot rig after he'd delivered a load of drill pipe to a job site out west. Lost his transmission. Tow truck was attempting to rescue him when he found himself in need of rescuing.

I wasn't much help with this one. It took a D7 Cat and a big tow truck to get him back on the road. That is my driveway about 30 feet down from the truck. He had a full load of fat steers which gave the trailer enough weight to dig in and keep it from following him off the hill.

Attachments

• P1141788.JPG
    P1141788.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 55
We hooked the D7 to the trailer. Then we were able to unload the steers. They pulled the truck back up on the road. All that only took 6 hours. Towed it down the road the a wide spot. A few days later after a little minor mechanical work they were able to drive it out of there.

Latest posts