• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where are the MAY posts??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MoGal

Reaction score
Is it just my computer ??

All the May posts are gone and its showing up through April 27??

hmmm.... when I posted this topic it gave me a "debug code" whatever that means........ so I thought it hadn't even posted.

Is this the work of hackers? I see cattletoday is still down.

Sorry to say...I think it means both this site and cattle today....is being admin very poorly. I visit a fair number of forums in retirement, and although I thoroughly enjoy the content both here and at cattle today....both of these forums have issues that I NEVER see on other forums.

Yay, I'm lurking... the date gave me a chuckle.

I presumed hackers with too much time on their hands, been away this week and when I came back CT was inaccessible. I wanted to e-mail the mods for notification when it was back, but thought they might be inundated.
Even googling CT results in malware alerts - I don't understand that.

It's gotta be Bush's fault..............everything else is. :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure Macon is working on it. Be patient.

jcummins said:
Sorry to say...I think it means both this site and cattle today....is being admin very poorly. I visit a fair number of forums in retirement, and although I thoroughly enjoy the content both here and at cattle today....both of these forums have issues that I NEVER see on other forums.
I disagree. But I'm sure I don't have the vast message board experience that you do. I think that Macon's sites are some of the best sites offered for those of us in the cattle business - or even those who just want to be in the cattle business.

Admittedly, he's having some problems lately, but last night is the first time that I can recall not being able to get on the boards. Most of the 'problems' are only minor annoyances, anyway. And there's never been much of anything that people have asked for that Macon hasn't tried to provide. I don't know about YOU, but none of it has ever cost me a single penny.

Macon invests a lot of his own money and a tremendous amount of time providing these boards for us to use - at no cost to us. And now you've taken advantage of the FREE forum he provides to bash his management? Something about that just doesn't seem quite right.

I agree with you Texan that Macon has provided us with many hours of entertainment and information but i do hope our use of these boards has provided him with revenue from the advertisements that pop up here all the time.

I sure HOPE he's making money - and lots of it. And we should all try to support the advertisers. But...I don't know who they are because I use Firefox and I NEVER see an ad. :wink:

Texan, the one at the bottom right now is trinitytrailer.com. If you need a new trailer give them a shout. This has been a well maintained site and is easy to navigate. Big problems lately. Be careful throwing stones in a glass house jc. The operator has been very responsive.

Well Mogal at least your in the right year I get
Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Now I have that song stuck in my head................
As for this never happening on other boards....I am not sure where you go BUT I do go to wide varity of sites and they ALL have issues. You have kids with nothing to do seeing what they can do on the computer.

Hail it could have been the earthquake that hit here last night.

Texan said:
jcummins said:
I disagree. But I'm sure I don't have the vast message board experience that you do. I think that Macon's sites are some of the best sites offered for those of us in the cattle business - or even those who just want to be in the cattle business.

Admittedly, he's having some problems lately, but last night is the first time that I can recall not being able to get on the boards. Most of the 'problems' are only minor annoyances, anyway. And there's never been much of anything that people have asked for that Macon hasn't tried to provide. I don't know about YOU, but none of it has ever cost me a single penny.

Macon invests a lot of his own money and a tremendous amount of time providing these boards for us to use - at no cost to us. And now you've taken advantage of the FREE forum he provides to bash his management? Something about that just doesn't seem quite right.

My post didn't come across right. I use to admin servers…not the type Macon has, but servers none the less. Administration of these things is a very thankless task. You have to really cross your T's and dot the I's to make these things runs without the issues he has now. I do appreciate him having these forums up, but I think he needs some help that he is not getting or perhaps he isn't making the money he needs to get that help.

I did not intend to offend. Actually wish I could help. I like these boards.

He posted the other day that one of the Hot Shot whizzes he hired to help with the new server, served up more than was bargained on.

Well Mogal at least your in the right year I get
Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Now I have that song stuck in my head................
As for this never happening on other boards....I am not sure where you go BUT I do go to wide varity of sites and they ALL have issues. You have kids with nothing to do seeing what they can do on the computer.

Hail it could have been the earthquake that hit here last night.

jcummins said:
My post didn't come across right. I use to admin servers…not the type Macon has, but servers none the less. Administration of these things is a very thankless task. You have to really cross your T's and dot the I's to make these things runs without the issues he has now. I do appreciate him having these forums up, but I think he needs some help that he is not getting or perhaps he isn't making the money he needs to get that help.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your intent. Apparently, you're partly right about the "help" because Macon posted yesterday that one of the guys that he had hired to help him straighten out the new server had hacked the site.

Here is what I think. I believe there were some bugs hidden somewhere in the posts made the last two weeks. They have been taken off so the board will start to work again. Let's bear with it folks. I think Macon is doing a darn good job.

Here is what I think. I believe there were some bugs hidden somewhere in the posts made the last two weeks. They have been taken off so the board will start to work again. Let's bear with it folks. I think Macon is doing a darn good job.

Texan said:
jcummins said:

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your intent. Apparently, you're partly right about the "help" because Macon posted yesterday that one of the guys that he had hired to help him straighten out the new server had hacked the site.

Texan I was wrong in wording my post the way I did. I'm the one sorry.

If Macon's hired help did this....that is a really sorry deal. I've personally had to got to a person, tell them, clean out your desk, and stood there while they did it, then walk them to the door, for the very same type thing.

Macon is there anything...your user base on ranchers or cattle today can do to help?

I wonder if this didn't start when Hypo posted his picture to Alice? :shock:

It could have been just a little more then the system could handle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts