• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where did all the picture posters go?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Oh well here are a variety of last month from here.

Kind of windy last week.
November2011088.jpg

Making for lots of unscheduled work.
November2011136.jpg

Good thing calving starts later than it used to here.
November2011161.jpg

Neighbors bin on my fence. This was the easiest bin move I have been involved in.
November2011169.jpg

Too bad he hauled the grain out the week before.
November2011216.jpg

4H kids were busy.
November2011119.jpg

November2011120.jpg

Some more of those old Government Buildings, these are in Edmonton.
November2011198.jpg

November2011206.jpg

Processed some calves.
November2011210.jpg

Checked on some cows.
November2011220.jpg

Steers swathgrazing Alfalfa.
November2011239.jpg

Safe for another year.
November2011238.jpg

November2011196.jpg

Kind of ironic...the wind break broke :wink: . In any event nice pictures and I hope the remainder of your damage was minimal.

Your cattle look good, per. Really good. Wish I could say the same for
your windbreak. :cry: We've had that happen too many times. Mr. FH
says the next time it happens, he's not replacing it.

Neat buildings in Edmonton. Never been there so fun to see the
majectic structures.

Nice bucks, too.

Hope you don't have any more windstorms. Dang!

Soapweed said:
Interesting pictures, per. Sorry about the wind damage.
For me the damage was nothing compared to others. A large feedlot's wood-chip pile caught fire and burned half the pile and half the straw stack and a couple of pens. A school lost some roof. Many barns and buildings hit the deck. Semi's on their sides etc. All of those were far worse than my damage and we have the resources to deal with them. The truck driver that looses his total capacity to make a living is the real tragedy. It goes to prove how blessed most of us are in that we can work around and rebuild what we need to to get by.

As far as interesting pictures go, I am fortunate to get to see lots of different places and things which affords me the ability to share a variety of pics. I love cow pics and really can't get too many of them but I also enjoy the other things folks get into. (Sparkies shop and contraptions fascinate me) :wink:

Looks like you were sending the heater from your calving shed to your neighbors to the north. Did your bulls head out when the bin ripped out the fence, what are the 4-H kids rebuilding. The Eastwind hit hear this morning (75 mph) should let up on Sunday.

EastWind said:
Looks like you were sending the heater from your calving shed to your neighbors to the north. Did your bulls head out when the bin ripped out the fence, what are the 4-H kids rebuilding. The Eastwind hit hear this morning (75 mph) should let up on Sunday.
It became a space heater. We have it down and should be able to savage about 30' of it. The bulls were "investigating" when we got there. The bin went a mile and had the owner not investigated its whereabouts we never would have looked there for carnage. This was more wind than anyone here has a recollection of. The 4H kids changed a water pump and radiator on the truck, the same on a Massey 165 which they had to take the loader and fuel tank off to accomplish as well as a broken exhaust stud to fix. The third ongoing project is tearing down a Flathead 4 cylinder motor on a welder and rebuilding it. The eastwind at this time of year can be a bit nippy. Your Mom was mentioning something about long johns.

per said:
Soapweed said:
Interesting pictures, per. Sorry about the wind damage.
For me the damage was nothing compared to others. A large feedlot's wood-chip pile caught fire and burned half the pile and half the straw stack and a couple of pens. A school lost some roof. Many barns and buildings hit the deck. Semi's on their sides etc. All of those were far worse than my damage and we have the resources to deal with them. The truck driver that looses his total capacity to make a living is the real tragedy. It goes to prove how blessed most of us are in that we can work around and rebuild what we need to to get by.

As far as interesting pictures go, I am fortunate to get to see lots of different places and things which affords me the ability to share a variety of pics. I love cow pics and really can't get too many of them but I also enjoy the other things folks get into. (Sparkies shop and contraptions fascinate me) :wink:

That will teach you for living in Southern Alberta.......Meanwhile in Calgary, 1000s of rooves need shingles, downtown buildings need glass.......so maybe it might be better to live in Northern Alberta, where you have to wear 40 layers and the wind never blows.......dang global warming.... :lol:

Really too bad about the damage. so are we going to see you around here less, or are you going to work the repairs in around your "Ranchers.net" schedule......

Now that you are done 'breaking wind" it looks as though you have another excuse for not taking a winter holiday in the sun. :D

Our old computer with everything in it is down at the moment and I haven't had the contents transfered to the replacement until the old one is cleaned up. Until theat is done my posts will be photoless. :(

Cows are still out rustling here. Snow conditions are not great but there is not much of it. Will get another 7 to 10 days yet if no more arrives.

Thanks for the update, sorry about the unwanted mess.

Latest posts