• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where there's smoke there's fire. More Pics - updated

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
I went to town this mornin and came back to this. Our back fence joins the Sam Houston National Forest. And it's been a few years since they've done a controlled burn. These guys really know what they are doin, but it's still somethin that makes me a lil uneasy when they do it. So I grabbed my camera and went traipsin off thru the woods takin pictures.
Prolly make for some really neat sunrise pictures in the mornin if it's still smokin then, forest land is to the east of the house.

Boilin up smoke.
2006-03-03-002.jpg

Smoke thru the trees
2006-03-03-004.jpg

Coon tracks in the creek bed
2006-03-03-005.jpg

One lil lone wild violet
2006-03-03-008.jpg

fire and smoke
2006-03-03-010.jpg

This is how close to our fenceline the fire is.
2006-03-03-014.jpg

Smoky fenceline
2006-03-03-012.jpg

My walk back to the truck up outta the creek
2006-03-03-015.jpg

A dillo hole.
2006-03-03-016.jpg

The rangers do the same thing here in Ga.....scares ya even though they are extremely careful!!

My back section backs up on Nat'l Forest also....this is good and bad at times.

oh great!!!! now Mr Lilly's dad has caught the fire bug, he's set our woods on fire too...........catch ya'll later, lol, ya'll know how accident prone this man is....................YIKES!!!!!!

Lilly,I get a laugh when you talk about your dad-in-law,he reminds me of Gregs dad.I'd come home from 12 hr. work day and he'd have cleaned out the garden ,left the veggies on my counter and have a note saying"These need to be cleaned and frozen tonight" :? Lots of little pain in the butt things.I sure miss him,he was somtimes a pain but ALWAYS a sweet heart!

well after I got offa here, and got outside, he'd set fire to it, and it did almost git outta hand, someone called the fire dept. but we sent them on their way, got it put out after about 2 hours. LOL I took a few pics will post them later.

uhgggg whatta job. Not somethin I had planned to do.
Don'tcha just love it when Dad n law "knows best"? LOL
This is the result of what he done yesterday.

2006-03-03-018-road-thru-wo.jpg

Our road leadin to the house, and what he burnt.

2006-03-03-019-time-to-go-g.jpg

Time to go get water now.

2006-03-03-020-someone-call.jpg

someone called the fire dept. but Dad n law sent them on their way..... :roll:

2006-03-03-021-too-close-to.jpg

That's just way too close to my house for comfort!!!!

We did get it put out after about 2 hours, but we had a cattle trailer that was parked on the other side of the woods, it melted all the tail lights off it, the runnin lights and burned the wires......we'd planned to redo it, now it's a hafta redo it type deal before it can be used again. Shouldn't be hard to get the paint off it tho, least the back half..... :?

Man, Lilly, that could have been BAAAAAD. Glad most everything turned out okay. All that waste of energy for nothing...your dad-in-law must be entering his second childhood. (They say men do that, you know.) :wink:

Is that your yard fence? WAYYYYYYYY COOL!

I threatened Mr Lilly.....well sorta, kinda, not really, but I did.......I gave him "That look", cuz I was perdy PO'd at the time, and he said, "What are you mad at me for?" I said, "I ain't mad at YOU, but IF YOU EVER!!! do anything like this, I'll do you bodily damage!!!!"......I tell him all the time he's gettin more n more like his daddy ever day. LOL

Yeap that's my yard fence, and we won't ever build another one like that, I laid all the brick, and helped Mr Lilly drill the holes in the 1 1/2 inch pipe for all those lil rods to go thru, also we cut those and rounded all the ends.......was quite a project.

Lilly,I guess yall have your burn ban lifted cuz you gotta lil rain the other day ? To dry around here for burning,still have the burn ban in effect,we cant even burn in a barrel its so dry,say I noticed those big ole grape vines in your pictures,better set you up a still,there is an ole coot that lives along the Guadalupe river bottoms that we call rooster,he can flat make wine,few snorts of that stuff,have you walkin like a tom cat on thin ice :wink: ................good luck
PS Well I better get outside I have a couple gates IM building in the shop,just stopped long enough ta check the boards,canuckle heads started harassing me :D .............later

We have muskidine and cut throat grapes ......cut throats aint good for much, but the muskindines make decent jelly. Mr Lilly had a great uncle that usta make fig wine. I got his recipe when he passed on, along with his 5 gallon wine makin jug. Recipe is for any kinda fruit tho....might just hafta give muskidine wine a try....... :lol: I know that fig wine would knock ya for a loop with just a lil bit of it...

Yeap I'm fissin to git busy too, such a perdy sunshiny day, and there better not be no more settin fire to nothin. We got 3 inches of rain while we were gone. so yeap the burn ban has been lifted. Guess we are goin racin tonight, Mr Lilly is gettin the car all tuned up, be the first races of the season.....whooo woooo, wonder if there's powder puffs tonight???? Im ready!!!!

Guess we are goin racin tonight, Mr Lilly is gettin the car all tuned up, be the first races of the season.....whooo woooo, wonder if there's powder puffs tonight???? Im ready!!!!

Lets hope Your "shoer" dont wreck the car before you get a chance. :?

Latest posts