• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Which forum do you prefer?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Which forums do you frequent most

• Coffee Shop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ranch talk

• Everything else/Dogs and horses/ photo contest

• Political bull

• Bull Session

• Top three equally

• Last two equally

• Total voters

Nicky

Reaction score
Just curious as to which forums people go to most often. Mostly whether it's the two political ones or the rest. As for myself, I seldom if ever go to the political ones. Although I have strong feelings and beliefs I tend to keep them to myself :)

cant vote...I go to them all. LOL Get tires of the personal attacks but that can be in any of the forums.
I would have to say all in all you can get alot of info from them all.

What do you think about having a politics forum on a rancher's board? The only reason it is here is because of tradition (which I like). It seems to attract people who haven't ever owned a cow and add nothing to the subject of ranching. Should we swap it for a more ranch related forum or let it be?

M Gravlee said:
What do you think about having a politics forum on a rancher's board? The only reason it is here is because of tradition (which I like). It seems to attract people who haven't ever owned a cow and add nothing to the subject of ranching. Should we swap it for a more ranch related forum or let it be?

I vote let it be. Those who don't care will not go there, and those that do will.

JMHO

I was kinda worried this might happen when the poll was posted, but I don't think that is what Nicky meant when she posted it. Of course, I can't speak for her, but that is what I think.

Just let it be. There is some good information posted there if we choose to go there. No one is forced to read it, so my vote is to let it stand as is.

add nothing to the subject of ranching
I feel politics adds ALOT to ranching. You are effected by politics everyday.
Also if you do not get support from "others" your way of life wil slowly be legislated away. Politics is run on the blood of money. If you get enough people talking about an issue and get them to contact thier congressman/woman you can effect the outcome of a vote. Voters = money.
Look at the National ID ....they want you to have to pay for them keeping track of your cattle. Do you really need another bill? Do I need another layer of bureaucracy that I have to pay for? I am already paying up $8 a pound for steak. I do not need it to go up. I am SURE your profit will NOT go up.
Yes we are in this together and you can NOT do this without me. I am not saying me personally, but me the citizen who values your lifestlye and wants to keep it going.

I agree- Leave it as is...Sometimes a good Hillary or Teddy story just makes my day......But I live a dull life :wink:

I only occasionaly go to Political Bull, but I think it should be left there.
In spite of it's short commings, our two party system does allow debate on a subject. We just need to get rid of a few old duffers, who have forgotten what our traditions and standards are about. I guess there are a few newcommers who have never learned what these things are about too. But it is the old guys that make me sick.

Clarence said:
I only occasionaly go to Political Bull, but I think it should be left there.

I feel the same Clarence

My favorit place is "Another Site" and Broader Talk (general farming not just cattle) and more (Jokes) but I like ALL of this one as #2 - - I did have another Site we liked a lot but - - had troubles there with the Owners Husband... I'll just let it drop there

Faster Horses is right...I CERTAINLY was not suggesting removing anything!! I was just curious as to how many of us go where :wink:

Liberty Belle said:
Stevec - I hate to be rude, but would you please take your loony ideas and your harebrained philosophies back to the political page?

For the most part, the folks who frequent Ranch Talk are here to discuss down to earth issues that affect our day-to-day lives and we have no desire to try to decipher your psychobabble.

I really don't know if there is a nice way of telling someone to get lost, but that is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Goodbye.

My point exactly.

M Gravlee said:
Liberty Belle said:
Stevec - I hate to be rude, but would you please take your loony ideas and your harebrained philosophies back to the political page?

For the most part, the folks who frequent Ranch Talk are here to discuss down to earth issues that affect our day-to-day lives and we have no desire to try to decipher your psychobabble.

I really don't know if there is a nice way of telling someone to get lost, but that is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Goodbye.

My point exactly.

The problem is that those kind find us, no matter what. Eliminating the political page probably wouldn't eliminate the problem. I vote to leave it as is.

Macon, you could always give him the old Nebrusker rush. :wink:

Soapweed said:
M Gravlee said:
Liberty Belle said:

Goodbye.

My point exactly.

The problem is that those kind find us, no matter what. Eliminating the political page probably wouldn't eliminate the problem. I vote to leave it as is.

Macon, you could always give him the old Nebrusker rush. :wink:
No don't do that...........It's nice to read one of his post and you feel that there is someone nuttier than yourself. :D :D :D

Latest posts