• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

White 6105

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ANGUS327

Reaction score
Does anybody know much about these tractors? Good or bad? My old chore tractor just crapped out on me and I need to replace it. Thanks for your comments.

ANGUS327 said:
Does anybody know much about these tractors? Good or bad? My old chore tractor just crapped out on me and I need to replace it. Thanks for your comments.

i got no idea what size, vintage this is---quite a few yrs ago, i looked at about a 100 hp 2 wd for haying. nice cab and nice inside. I later learned the shift pattern went clear back to oliver and wasn't exactly handy and that white had had some hard times and cheapend up where they shouldn't---like with a roller chain about the size of a bicycle chain that was way inside the trans and prone to breaking. one of them 2$ part, $3000 labor deals. my neighbor used to buy them bigger 4wd real cheap and run big heston balers with them and had very good luck, plus the pto was really handy and cheap to work on.

hayguy said:
burnt said:
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=92063&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1

a whole lot of running from, rather than running to

I agree. The only thing White about this tractor is the silver paint. Seems this tractor might be a close relative to the 2 piece orange tractor of his that Soap posted pics of? I'd be very very skeeeeeered.

There a wet sleaved engine , there is no frame just the engine bolts to the transmission , & parts are very expensive to buy . its nothing like a 2-105 white with a perkins 354 engine . I would pass on that deal

lefty said:
There a wet sleaved engine , there is no frame just the engine bolts to the transmission , & parts are very expensive to buy . its nothing like a 2-105 white with a perkins 354 engine . I would pass on that deal

The tractor in question is actually a Lambourghini/SAME or some other off brand. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/002/3/7/2370-agco-white-6105.html

Although they are getting some age on them, I agree, I'd much rather buy a real White such as the 2-105 with a354 Perkins. IIRC, the pre-AGCO White 100 and 120 tractors used the 5.9L Cummins with rest of the tractor a solid Oliver design with the O/U 3 speed powershift.

Thanks for your responses, the damn thing is sold already! There is a huge demand for 100-130 horse tractors with fwa loader and grapple under $45000. I'm going to have to look farther a field.

I have a 2-105 that I love, it is my Chore tractor and I move and load 6 string bales year round !

However the Lamborghini in my Neighbor's 6105 has just bit the dust and the boys at the tractor house want $25,000.00 to REBUILD THE ENGINE !!!

H E L P !!!!!there has got to be an ADAPTOR or Conversion kit to save the rest of this good tractor; Cummins / Perkins / Caterpillar / ANYTHING ?!?!?!?

Latest posts