• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHO CAN TELL ME ABOUT "Lasik"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I always have had perfect vision till about a month ago,it seemed like I could'nt see as far as I used to,so make a long story short,this doc sez,glasses or Lasik,take your pick.I am way to active to be bothered with glasses,but I am cautious about this Lasik stuff.Can you tell me what you know ?Thank you &.................good luck

Big Muddy rancher said:
Your getting OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD Haymaker. :cowboy:

I know it ,don't rub it in,how much hay you got done,how long till you finish?...............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
I always have had perfect vision till about a month ago,it seemed like I could'nt see as far as I used to,so make a long story short,this doc sez,glasses or Lasik,take your pick.I am way to active to be bothered with glasses,but I am cautious about this Lasik stuff.Can you tell me what you know ?Thank you &.................good luck

Hayman, I have checked on this stuff. They will take your eyeballs out and send them to a lab in Canada to be worked on. The lab is somewhere around the Sask - Alberta line. Takes about 3 weeks to get your eyes back, if UPS is not on strike.
The service is faster if you have someone in Canada to vouch for you. Maybe Big Muddy or Tam will help you out. Have the eyes shipped to one of them and they will deliver them to the lab.

My buddy who had this done had green eyes and when he got them back he got a brown one and a blue one. He said his wife looks a whole lot better now though! :wink:

oh good lord lmao sure do hope they dont send em back DHL in that case they will be in a tiny box sittin by someone elses cattle guard about 15 miles away from your address. Sure do hope they pack them well n they dont dry out. Sure would be disappointing to go to all that trouble n get dehydrated eyeballs back.

Mike said:
HAY MAKER said:

Hayman, I have checked on this stuff. They will take your eyeballs out and send them to a lab in Canada to be worked on. The lab is somewhere around the Sask - Alberta line. Takes about 3 weeks to get your eyes back, if UPS is not on strike.
The service is faster if you have someone in Canada to vouch for you. Maybe Big Muddy or Tam will help you out. Have the eyes shipped to one of them and they will deliver them to the lab.

My buddy who had this done had green eyes and when he got them back he got a brown one and a blue one. He said his wife looks a whole lot better now though! :wink:

Well that settles it,I aint shipping my eye balls to Miss Tam,I might trust Big Muddy but not Miss Tam,my eyes are blue now,she got a hold of em they would be brown like hers if you know what I mean................good luck

Consumer Guide to Lasik Eye Surgery on Google
gives the risks. There are some.
Maybe have one done at a time in case they lose yer eye! That's why the Lord gave us two of the really important parts, to cover malpractise.

I'll hafta admit..I've thought about lasik surgery, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Keep tellin myself I"m waitin for em to get more practice in. I've known quite a few people that have had it done, successfully, but still...this is my eyes...important stuff ya know.

And I have noticed in the last 3 mo or so that I can't see some things even with my glasses on.....have worn glasses since I was a sophmore in highschool..but now it's that close up stuff i cant see....even borrowed hubby's readin glasses...(hate to admit..it helped...but good grief if you look up at somethin else....cheapest drunk you'll ever git!!!!!) whoaaaaaa!!!!

hahaha nah..it's them glasses.....reusable for multiple drunks...just put em on n walk around a few minutes....you'll see ( not literally see....but experience it) haha whatta pun

katrina said:
I've had lasik surgery Haymaker... What do you want to know????
Eveything,was it worth it?what did it correct your vision to?how long did it take you to start seeing better?how much pain? how long did it take them to perform the operation?and did you suffer any complications?...............good luck Katrina

TXTibbs said:
hell and all this time I thought Ham's or Schlitz or Pabst Blue Ribbon was the cheapest drunk a person could get!!! :lol:

don't suppose you are old enough to remember Schmidt's or Keystone beer, Tx!!! When i was "younger", the cheapest beer was Rainier or Olympia!! :D :D

ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:
hell and all this time I thought Ham's or Schlitz or Pabst Blue Ribbon was the cheapest drunk a person could get!!! :lol:

don't suppose you are old enough to remember Schmidt's or Keystone beer, Tx!!! When i was "younger", the cheapest beer was Rainier or Olympia!! :D :D

Was that Schmidts in the big mouth bottle?

Eveything,was it worth it?
Yes........ I had a stigmatism in one eye and the other wasn't real good.
I now have 20/20 vision....

how long did it take you to start seeing better?
I did one eye at a time. And in prolly 2 or 3 weeks I was seeing very well. As time went on in a 6 month time span I was good. For about a year afterwards when I drove at night there was a fuzziness to the reflectors on the road, but as time has gone on it got better.

?how much pain?
Hardly none... They give you ointment and pain pills....

how long did it take them to perform the operation?
Maybe twenty minutes. Gave me a valium before I went in.. The second eye I was a little more apprehensive about....

and did you suffer any complications?...............
None..........

My advice is: MAKE SURE THAT YOUR EYE DOCTOR IS VERY GOOD AND ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS ON HOW MANY THEY HAVE SENT AND SUCCESS OF THE DOCTOR WHO IS DOING THE SURGERY.
Don't expect to come out with 20/20 vision.... Sometimes you only get into a lighter weight glasses.
Do your homework... I know of alot of people who have ruined there eye sight. People who went to Sioux Falls came back with wrecks...
I went to Omaha to the Omaha Eye Institute. I had a oriental man as my sergion. My husband and I alway ate at a oriental place that night for supper and drank oriental beer. That is what I blame for such good sucess because most don't turn out as good as I did...
My doctor here in Valentine told me that as time went on as I got older my eyes would change because of my age and I would prolly reading glasses in some point in my life.. As of now I'm still good.......Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions ask.....

Haymaker,
I've heard that the Mann Burkley Eye Center in Houston is one of the best at lasik. And I hear there adds all the time...Think the first consulation with them is free.

The girls are right....But each person heals differant... It's kinda a crap shoot. I was so sick of my torric contacts and glasses. Being outside and having rain (when it did rain) and glasses fog over was the sh***.My eye doctor here in Valentine did all my prelimenary work so the one in Omaha just programed the machine. And if you decide to do this you have to sign a waiver that basically does not make them responsible in any way. Oh yeah you can't get a pilots liscense either, Don't ask me why :roll: :roll:

You only have two eyes. What's their value? One small mistake could cost your vision. The doctors are still learning. Ask your doctor if he has had the surgery. If he has, I would be very surprised. Also ask him how much his commission is for reccomending you for LASIK.

http://www.lasikdisaster.com/

Latest posts