• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who has a bucket list?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
You all know that I've had a bucket list for some time. But I've conquored some on my list. But I have a few more in no pitucular order.
Go to the Calgary Stampede. Swing on John's swing and see his cattle. Drink wine with mike and listen to him talk. Go to Amarillo for the select. Start sewing again. Ride the Appalacian(sp) trail. Take hubby on a long vacation. Do one of those quickie trips that is always advertised on expedia.

This year is the Calgary Stampede's Centennial year. They'll likely have some extra things happening. This is the year to go. July 6-15th. :D

Be debt free or near it.

Meet a few of the folks on Ranchers and see the country they live in.

Return some favours that have been done over the years, some of these will be in the paying it forward manner.

Shoot wolves from a helicopter.

I won't live long enough to see North America so have no inclination to travel overseas.

I really only have one ...GO to Ireland. I want to see the places my aunt lived when she moved back and became a dual citizen.
I have been to many places across the country. Jamaica, so far away beaches has been taken care of LOL
It seems every time I plan a trip to see something special, something happens and I can not go...so I dont plan LOL.

No bucket list here, as I plan on living forever. So far so good....... :wink:

Although truth be told there are a few things I'd like to do, but it looks like gcreek stole my list.
Can't wait to be done with the 'patch.

Until I was 16 and we got running water it was pretty much fill the empty ones and empty the full ones. Katrina I'd get a group and rent a box at Calgary or else make sure you are in the bleachers behind the bucking chutes. As far as pro rodeos go in Canada I think Ponoka is probably the most fan friendly and best to watch. Rodeo all afternoon then the chucks at night-the running start at the timed event end is pretty awesome too. Ty usually does pretty good there too it was his first pro rodeo he ever enterexd and he won it so gave him a good shot of confidence. If your coming all the way to Canada anyway I'd make sure I took it in-Innisfail is kind of cool too listening to old Jack Daines ramble on-he's built up quite a facility over the years. Another thing about Ponoka it's got the best Grand Entry of any rodeo I've been too.

NR I agree with you about Calgary. Not worth the admission if you are sitting in the general admission stands opposite the chutes. Those chute gates looked so big on tv, but they were pretty microscopic sitting in the stands. I ended up going into the lounge and watching it on the tv, all the while watching the live action out of the corner of my eye. I promised myself if I ever went back I'd be behind the chutes or just not go.
I've heard nothing but good about Panoka, I'd like to get there myself one day.

You won't regret it Silver-might even run into me there. I guess I should post a
bucket list instead of a rant this time. I guess number one would be to build Shauna a decent house and let her design it she's very good at that stuff. Number two would be to take the family to our ancestral home in Scotland the 600 year old stone house is still there and being used as a bed and breakfast. Number three would be to take the kids on a mountain caribou/moose hunt in NWT with our outfitter friends. Number four would be just be able to travel and visit friends.

That sounds like a great bucket list, NR.
Where is Panoka? And when is the rodeo?
I have an idea forming.... :D

Katrina, are you ready for a road trip this summer????

My bucket list: I'd like to see the Grand Canyon;
I want to see Utah, Zion National Park and the Watsch Mountains,
(even though I can't spell it).
I want to ride horseback again in the spring and smell the
sagebrush, now that I have new knees. :D I'd like to go to
an Alan Jackson concert. I hope to visit our Canadian
friends again, and camp up there in our travel trailer.

my bucket list:

finish my degree and become a life flight nurse/paramedic
take my grand babies to Ireland
try skydiving...just once
climb a mountain....just because "it's there"
write down my life story...just for my kids
take my riley/ralphie to cheyenne frontier days

My bucket list. In chronological order.

Own a horse ... done.
Marry Mr. Right ... done.
Farm ... done.
Have some wonderful children ... done.
Have some wonderful grandchildren ... done.

That only left..

Go to Scotland.... DONE! :D

Be debt free .... oohhh that one's not so easy.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

They say you should live every day as if it could be your last, it's best to keep the bucket list short. Check off the list sooner rather than later.

Kato said:

I think being debt fee is over rated. I hope when I die they say of me "man, he sure owed me a lot of money"
And I hope my last cheque bounces :lol: :lol:

Silver said:
Kato said:

I think being debt fee is over rated. I hope when I die they say of me "man, he sure owed me a lot of money"
And I hope my last cheque bounces :lol: :lol:

Silver, you sound like our banker friend. He advises "live every day
so that when you pass away, the last check you write, bounces."
Yes, he's said that many times. :p

I've said this before... I want six bankers for pallbearers, they've carried me most of my life, they just as well carry me the last distance. :wink: :D

Latest posts