• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who is NOT getting a storm today???lol

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
What a way to end 2010 with a blizzard! From the looks of the weather maps, alot of the good ole USA is catching it one way or another...Hope this isn't an idication of what 2011 has in store for us!

A40Snowy-Cows_edited-1.jpg

Cold critters bunched up staying kind of warm..in "to damn cold" -24windchill!

A42Snowy-Jazzy_edited-1.jpg

Jazzy not thrilled at all..

A46Snowy-Jade_edited-1.jpg

Jade wondering if I'm gonna just stand there and take her picture or let her in out of the winds..lol

A44Flag_edited-1.jpg

This is a big flag and it takes alot of wind to get it to stand out cause it's protected by trees,,but today ole glory is whipping in the wind!

Not storming here but it says -24 F windchill but clear as a bell.

Everything including me was a little stiff this morning. It is testing the water bowls. :D

Sky is clearing up here-- and the temp is dropping... 10 Below now at 11AM--with only about a 5-6 mph wind-- but the chill factor is still minus 23...

Still predicting 25 Below tonight...

I had to haul a bale into my old bull today-- and I was able to get in there with the bale truck without getting totally stuck-- but when I went to get out had a hard time getting the door open--the snow was deeper than the door on that Dodge 3/4T 4X4 :shock: Wading around in that snow that is higher than my knees to get the ring around the bale was so fun :roll: :wink: :p
He and the young bulls might get stuck together sooner than I planned..

cold frount pushed the storm out last night.
5:00 AM Temperature at 10,400': -14º F
Maximum Temperature at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: -2º F
Average Wind Direction at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: Northwesterly
Average Wind Speed at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: 3 MPH
Maximum Wind Gust at 10,400' Past 24 Hours 13 MPH
Snowfall/Prec. Past 24 Hours Blind Bull Meadow: 0"/ 0.01"
Snow Depth 9,300´ Elevation Blind Bull Meadow: 60
Snowfall Starting October 1 Blind Bull Meadow: 145"
Snowfall/Prec. Past 24 Hours Box Y Ranch: 0"/ 0.01"
Total Snow Depth 6,300´ Elevation Box Y Ranch: 45"
Total Snowfall Starting October 1 Box Y Ranch: 107"

Forecast for today
Mostly clear skies are expected with a chance for occasional flurries.

Temperature Forecast for 8,000´-9,000´: Rising to near zero degrees.
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000´: Light and variable
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 0"

We are expecting heavy rains tonight, but I had to turn the AC on this morning it is hot and humid. After seeing those first pictures hot and humid is nice!

we're sittin' at about -30 with the wind factored in. we are still in a winter storm warning until 11pm tonight. i think we'll be bringing in the new year right here at home. :D

Southern Ontario is getting "chinooked". Except that we don't have Chinooks - just thaws. 35F and rain. Most of our snow is gone :? and is leaving mud in its place.

they were predicting 4-9" out of this storm. because of all the wind, it's hard to say what we ended up with but if i had to guess i'd say...not much. just a drift here and there, that i can handle.

We got about 2" of snow here, quite a bit less than they predicted. They were right about the cold and the wind. -1 with a -19 wind chill right now at 4:45 pm. Supposed to get to -13 tonight.

It was 40 plus today. I was enclosing part of the porch for a mud/coat room. I just hope the weather holds until I get the foam insulation to put under the vinal siding and the floor. :D

We are cold here, but no precip the last few days. It was minus 5 here this morning and got up to around 20.

Had an unexpected calf today though!! Good thing the cow is a good mom, she had it right where the sun was shining in and out of the wind behind a few trees.

We're not too bad up here. It has been warming up steadily all afternoon. Chinook rolling in.

At 9:30 PM and I'm having an exciting evening watching the temp drop-- just hit 29 Below....

per said:
We're not too bad up here. It has been warming up steadily all afternoon. Chinook rolling in.

hope it comes a little further south. we never got above -10 today... no wind tho thank goodness. the joystick in the jd was a little sticky today.

Oldtimer said:
At 9:30 PM and I'm having an exciting evening watching the temp drop-- just hit 29 Below....

Wow...that's an exciting New Years Eve event!..the temp here is -3 but the windchill is way below the charts! I have 3 doors at my house..2 of em have drifted shut..so only 1 door left we can get out of...hopefully!

Jassy said:
Oldtimer said:

Wow...that's an exciting New Years Eve event!..the temp here is -3 but the windchill is way below the charts! I have 3 doors at my house..2 of em have drifted shut..so only 1 door left we can get out of...hopefully!

Hopefully someone had the foresight to bring a shovel inside. :D

Latest posts