• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who loves Irrigation Plumbing?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
Personally, it never was and isn't my favorite ranch or home job. I avoid it every chance I get. I had no idea that I was chopping up all three lines, one a mainline on my sprinkler system while removing an old bush. I have always used a tractor or pickup and a hefty chain to remove shrubs or bushes. I don't have a pickup anymore and couldn't have gotten close enough to pull it out anyway. I had nothing to secure my come-along to, so it was dig and chop. It was with one mighty blow of my sharpshooter trench shovel that I broke the 1 1/4" mainline and was knocked back as I took the full force of pressurized water right in the face.

Nine hours later I had the mess fixed. All three lines were broken and cracked. Lots of bailing out water, digging, assessing the damage, and then off to the irrigation supply to get needed fitting and pipe. Really ugly work but I did it myself and saved about $500 or more over getting the residential irrigation guy to do it.

Do you enjoy irrigation plumbing?
0oPG2M0biIhM.jpg

I much prefer my irrigation method. Open a tap and watch the water run across the ground. No pumps or pipes to pay for or break. A new tarp dam to replace every now and them.

Latest posts