• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who says illegals are all bad?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Goodpasture

Reaction score
http://world.commongate.com/post/llegal_immigrant_rescues_boy_in_desert/

A 9-year-old boy looking for help after his mother crashed their van in the southern Arizona desert was rescued by a man entering the U.S. illegally, who stayed with him until help arrived the next day, an official said.

The 45-year-old woman, who eventually died while awaiting help, had been driving on a U.S. Forest Service road in a remote area just north of the Mexican border when she lost control of her van on a curve on Thanksgiving, Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada said.

The van vaulted into a canyon and landed 300 feet from the road, he said. The woman, from Rimrock, north of Phoenix, survived the impact but was pinned inside, Estrada said.

Her son, unhurt but disoriented, crawled out to get help and was found about two hours later by Jesus Manuel Cordova, 26, of Magdalena de Kino in the northern Mexican state of Sonora. Unable to pull the mother out, he comforted the boy while they waited for help.

The woman died a short time later.

"He stayed with him, told him that everything was going to be all right," Estrada said.

As temperatures dropped, he gave him a jacket, built a bonfire and stayed with him until about 8 a.m. Friday, when hunters passed by and called authorities, Estrada said. The boy was flown to University Medical Center in Tucson as a precaution but appeared unhurt.

The boy and his mother were in the area camping, Estrada said. The woman's husband, the boy's father, had died only two months ago. The names of the woman and her son were not being released until relatives were notified.

Cordova likely saved the boy, Estrada said, and his actions should remind people not to quickly characterize illegal immigrants as criminals.

Frankly I find that his deportation was good. He was here illegally and should be deported. I also think that should he apply for legal status that he should be considered.....that is the kind of guy we need here.

I agree whole heartedly that the illegals need to be LEGAL.
I was in Texas and Oklahoma for almost 3 weeks and those places could not exist without Mexican labor. I saw them do a lot of work. They are good people for the most part. They just need to be LEGAL.

When I young I worked for a grocery store and several of our customers were illegals, but they were always very nice to us, always said Thank you ( or tried too). I saw one time one guy had acted a little rude, and a few of them jumped on him and told him to show respect.

peg4x4 said:
Mostly good people who just want better for their kids,as all of us do.
Getting rid of all the illegals is a good thing. BUT we need to have a process whereby good, hardworking individuals can gain entry and be allowed to work.

Latest posts