• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Whoopsie....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

No matter how great you think your children are, I'm quite sure you don't know everything they do.

She might not know everything. Twenty smackeroos says she knows more about them than you or I.

MoGal said:
Mrs. Greg: We are in the generation of the unchurched and fatherless........ things have changed from when we were young kids. No matter how great you think your children are, I'm quite sure you don't know everything they do.

-----------
Maybe we should be asking why that article dragged Sarah Palin into it? I admit, I misread it, but I also think that its a cheap shot at Palin. Her daughter's boyfriends mother.... oh please.
You do seem to have a problam reading :wink: I never said my kids were perfect,I said they were better behaved then I was as a teen.There are SOOOOOO many good kids out there I dislike people lumping all the youth into one bundle.Even fatherless kids can be great kids.Unchurched kids can still feel Gods love.

Now back to the real topic,I agree Palin should never have been even mentioned.

I'm sure she does or at least I would hope she does. I'm just saying no matter how well you think you know your children they still do things that you wish they woud have given a little more thought to or made a different choice.

However, this news article is about a 42 year old woman that is no relation to Sarah Palin, so I still think its a cheap shot.

I would have to say articles like this are why many good people will not even think about a life in the public eye. Once you open that door no matter how clean and repectable you live your life someone will find something to try bring you down, even if it means linking your name to something you had no control over. :(

I just find it interesting that since they couldn't bring her down with something she actually did (not that they didn't try) that they feel so desperate they have to start linking her name with crap like this. :roll:

Tam said:
I would have to say articles like this are why many good people will not even think about a life in the public eye. Once you open that door no matter how clean and repectable you live your life someone will find something to try bring you down, even if it means linking your name to something you had no control over. :(

I just find it interesting that since they couldn't bring her down with something she actually did (not that they didn't try) that they feel so desperate they have to start linking her name with crap like this. :roll:

The woman was peddling meth...don't you even think she wasn't.

As a mother who was so into her child's business that I beat on a door to make my daughter come out from the house of a friend who's mother was was doing drugs with her son and his friends, believe me...mother's know! And mother's who care bring the county sheriff along put a stop to it where their own kids are concerned!

Palin is the governor of a state, for cripes sake. She had a lot more access to what was going on that most mother's do...especially where her own kid was concerned.

OK, I'll step down from my soapbox. Being a mother is hard, hard, hard work...my heart goes out to Palin's daughter. She's a got tough row to hoe already. Seems like maybe it's time her mother got a little bit more involved.

Alice

When you hire a PR firm and a PR person to get your name out in the national media as much as you can- you have to take the bad press that comes with the good....Its the consequence of wanting fame and nationwide status..

I'm sorry, it doesn't matter the political party the person belongs to, a woman in her late '40s with an 18 year old son who is involved in serious narcotics is a BIG PROBLEM. And frankly a bigger problem than an out of control Johnson involving people over the age of 21, a bigger problem than knowing crooked politicians cuz there are so many of them you can't avoid that if you're in politics.

obviously Reader doesn't read too well either.

The son didn't touch drugs, as far as we know, it was a member of the previous generation that did.

This type of thinking would lead you to believe that parents/kids, should be responsible for the actions of their kids/parents. I'm not sure that is too democratic?

reader (the Second) said:
I don't get it. I was also about to post this.

It's the DOUBLE STANDARD that Kola is pointing to. You go on and on about Obama's associations, but wave away any suggestion that this Palin association is also troubling.

I'm sorry, it doesn't matter the political party the person belongs to, a woman in her late '40s with an 18 year old son who is involved in serious narcotics is a BIG PROBLEM. And frankly a bigger problem than an out of control Johnson involving people over the age of 21, a bigger problem than knowing crooked politicians cuz there are so many of them you can't avoid that if you're in politics.

I hope for the little Palin girl's sake that stupidity is the only flaw in the father of her child. But with this type of parent, it would be a miracle if he didn't have problems other than not using birth control and not wanting to be a father himself (per his facebook profile).

If you want to wave this away as not having any bearing on Sarah Palin, then wave away the questionable associations on the other side of the political spectrum.

You can in no way comare this to Obama/Ayers. Sarah Palin had NOTHING to do with this woman's actions, but Obama made the decision HIMSELF to buddy up with Ayers.

I'd like Old Komrade to regale us with his all-time top 10 drug busts that he PERSONALLY investigated and performed. :roll: We might get to hear more about black helicopters, clandestine meetings, and secret ops in 3rd world countries.

"Guilty by association", then it would be acceptable to say that the American public voted for Bush as a group, and that anything that he or his administration did as the "elected government", could be blamed on that same group!

I see you democrats distancing yourselves from Obama within 12 months!

hypocritexposer said:

obviously Reader doesn't read too well either.

The son didn't touch drugs, as far as we know, it was a member of the previous generation that did.

This type of thinking would lead you to believe that parents/kids, should be responsible for the actions of their kids/parents. I'm not sure that is too democratic?

The point of this discussion was GUILT BY ASSOCIATION. I agree that Palin is not guilty by virtue of nearly being related closely to a woman against whom an undercover operation was launched because of suspicion of manufacturing and selling dangerous drugs. That is EXACTLY the thinking I follow in not thinking Obama guilty by association with Ayres. His relationship with Ayres is much less close than Palin with her daughter's mother-in-law to be and mother of her about to be born grandchild.

Obama CHOSE to buddy up with Ayers. What choice did Palin make?

I do not, like you all, assume he is evil without any basis for that assumption

So are you saying you stand by the American voting public by voting for their president, ( and giving him the benefit of the doubt) or are you like the rest of the world in condemning the voters for past presidents actions. "guilty by association"

I do not, like you all, assume he is evil without any basis for that assumption, just because he is a Democrat or from Chicago or had an African father.

Please don't make these wild accusations. You did not sit in my living room when I made my choice

MoGal said:
I'm just saying no matter how well you think you know your children they still do things that you wish they woud have given a little more thought to or made a different choice.

Even when you know exactly what they are doing wrong, it is beyond your control when they are adults. It is a very helpless feeling.

hypocritexposer said:
"Guilty by association"

The next time I am standing in line at wallyworld with those pink and green haired, scantly dressed tatooed bodies with pierced faces, I am going to smile about this one. I may never go to wallyworld again Exposer. :D

I just skimmed through this, hope I didn't miss something. I'm going to make the prediction that the Palins knew exactly what this woman was doing and probably had something to do with the fact she was investigated....and good for them. Good Grandma is not going to let her grandchild visit Crack Grandma, and is going to do what she can to keep her daughter away from her as well. That's human nature. This will also play against Crack Grandma and possibly her son if there's ever any type of legal battle over visitation of the grandchild. IMO

I also wonder if this may be related to the arson fire in Palin's church?

I bet you the wedding won't even take place....and I'd say that's probably a GOOD THING.

That is EXACTLY the thinking I follow in not thinking Obama guilty by association with Ayres. His relationship with Ayres is much less close than Palin with her daughter's mother-in-law to be and mother of her about to be born grandchild.

We have NO idea how close Palin's family is to the boy's mother. For all we know she may never have even met her and even if she has it doesn't reflect on her or her family one bit if they weren't involved.

Reader, "Innocent until proven guilty and similarly with politicians."

He's proven guilty, Reader. What Ayers did is out there for all to see if they want. His unrepentance is also out there, along with a fairly recent photo of him posing while standing on the US flag. All the evidence to figure out what Ayers is made of is there of one want's to see it. Now we have a person of this ilk backing Obama and Obama CHOOSING to accept it. We know Obama started his polical career in Ayer's home. We know Ayers selected him to serve together on the foundations's board. We then see Obama backpedalling on the relationship when confronted with it. What else does one need to see before you can rap the gavel?

Reader, "Let's see what he's made of. Right now the evidence I have says he is disciplined and has perseverance"

The evidence I have is that he'll say anything and do anything to further himself. The man has no problem with looking into the camera and telling a lie. He's done it many times already.

Latest posts