• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHY DID 16700 CATTLEMEN JOIN R CALF ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WHY DID 16700 cattle men join R CALF?

• all 16700 of them want a fairer market place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all 16700 of em are uninformed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
You got your opinion,lets hear it. Why the dramatic increase in R CALF membership...........good luck

My honest opinion? I believe those folks think that what R-calf is saying and doing are the reason for your high cattle prices. I don't think they realize that maybe it has something to do with your shorter supply of beef, now that Canadian cattle aren't being processed in the states.

That's easy, because the lies have reached more people than the truth.

Lies have speed but the truth has endurance and the truth will prevail.

Most of the producers who join R-CULT have never heard a true debate on the issues to see who can back their position and who can't.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
That's easy, because the lies have reached more people than the truth.

Lies have speed but the truth has endurance and the truth will prevail.

Most of the producers who join R-CULT have never heard a true debate on the issues to see who can back their position and who can't.
~SH~

We tried to get some of you packer backers to debate ,remember ~SH~At one time I even offered to pay for security,so sing a different tune that one is old. PS..... my offer to provide security is off the table,we dont need a pony and dog show now ,membership is right on track...............good luck boy

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Why did one million lemmings rush over the cliff -HAY MAKER?

I dont know why did they?Surely you arent using one of ~SH~ ole tricks and comparing cattle men to a lemming,16700 cattle men, and you would have me believe they are all wrong?and you are right ..........good luck

Shelly said:
My honest opinion? I believe those folks think that what R-calf is saying and doing are the reason for your high cattle prices. I don't think they realize that maybe it has something to do with your shorter supply of beef, now that Canadian cattle aren't being processed in the states.

I dont remember R CALF saying they were the reason for high prices,if they did I missed that part, Shelly I disagree I believe these men understand the cattle buisness as well as most.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:

I dont know why did they?Surely you arent using one of ~SH~ ole tricks and comparing cattle men to a lemming,16700 cattle men, and you would have me believe they are all wrong?and you are right ..........good luck

Your answer is very revealing, HAY MAKER. The lemmings didn't know either. They were just blindly following their mindless leader. So I don't suppose one could say the lemmings were all wrong. Just very ignorant.

But you are right. Let's not compare real cattlemen and women to lemmings.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:

Your answer is very revealing, HAY MAKER. The lemmings didn't know either. They were just blindly following their mindless leader. So I don't suppose one could say the lemmings were all wrong. Just very ignorant.

Thats better now you are talkin sense,you may not want to hear this but these R CALFERS come from all walks of life ,judges lawyers ,vets,politicians and uneducated cowboys like myself,they are all good folks just trying to make the cattle business better for all ........good
luck PS they are any thing but blindless followers.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
You know what, HAY MAKER? I think way down deep, yer not a bad kid. In fact, if you lived next door I would probably buy you a lollipop! :)

Well we dont live next door here in TEXAS,nearest neighbor is a little further than next door, and IM tryin to lay off of loli pops but I do appreciate the offer and the compliment .............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER said:

Thats better now you are talkin sense,you may not want to hear this but these R CALFERS come from all walks of life ,judges lawyers ,vets,politicians and uneducated cowboys like myself,they are all good folks just trying to make the cattle business better for all ........good
Above y'all said the 16700 were CATTLEMEN.

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:

There are 16700 confirmed members of R CALF,IM betting the majority are cattle men,and the rest, people that have a vested interest in creating a fair market...................good luck PS Most of these members have family so the numbers could be much greater than 16700.

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:

There are 16700 confirmed members of R CALF,IM betting the majority are cattle men,and the rest, people that have a vested interest in creating a fair market...................good luck PS Most of these members have family so the numbers could be much greater than 16700.
And I'm betting a large chunck of them are affiliates including ill-informed smalltown businessmen who just made a donation.

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

And I'm betting a large chunck of them are affiliates including ill-informed smalltown businessmen who just made a donation.

You must own cattle to be a member.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Shelly said:

I dont remember R CALF saying they were the reason for high prices,if they did I missed that part, Shelly I disagree I believe these men understand the cattle buisness as well as most.............good luck

I didn't say R-calf said they were the reason for higher prices. Maybe what I should have said, is R-calf's actions have led folks to believe that keeping the border closed to Canadian cattle has resulted in the high prices you are receiving. It's not hard to make people believe in a cause if they think that cause is what is responsible for the good prices you are enjoying.

Shelly said:
HAY MAKER said:
Shelly said:

I didn't say R-calf said they were the reason for higher prices. Maybe what I should have said, is R-calf's actions have led folks to believe that keeping the border closed to Canadian cattle has resulted in the high prices you are receiving. It's not hard to make people believe in a cause if they think that cause is what is responsible for the good prices you are enjoying.

OK,who really knows ,but I have been known to talk cattle with an R CALFER or two and they are no differnt from most just plain folk ,some of these people would have you believe they are uninformed and followers etc.nothing could be farther from the truth........good luck PS what is a pretty girl like you doing home on a friday nite?

Oh, you sweet-talker you! I'm sitting here waiting for the other half to come home from seeding. You notice how I said the other half, not the better half? :wink:

Seriously, I'm sure the situation would be no different here. People need something to believe in, and they want to be a part of it. That's how the world works.

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

{There is a rumor, and don't beat up on me because I'm making this quite clear and asking for confirmation or denial, that for every $50.00 donation at those donation rallies there is a name put on the membership rolls. I don't know if that is only to the family or person chosen by the donor, or if names are drawn out of a hat. BTW, how many of those members are minor children who may or may not own cattle? How many are validated cattle producers? Otherwise, how do you keep track so you know who is eligible to vote?

Aside from questions about how memberships are achieved and if all are qualified to vote, the multiple "market reports" on radio each week proclaiming R-CALF closing the Canadian border is the ONLY reason cull cow and bull markets in particular and cattle markets in general are so high probably has a lot to do with it. There are certainly cattleproducers in SD who believe Johnny Smith and others walk are saints!

MRJ

MRJ

Latest posts