• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHY HELL NO......IT DONT GIT COLD IN TEXAS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Haymaker....

Your cattle (cows?) look like, what the hell is this and what the hell is it doing here!

Stay warm and safe!

We have crystal clear blue skies here today...about 8 degrees though! The wind isn't blowing and the sun is shining so it seems pretty dang nice out!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

What's that? Chicken feathers blowin' around.

Heck the leaves are still on the trees. Not enough to shovel. That happens in July in this country. :wink:

What part of TX are you in, Haymaker?

My "hubby" keeps telling me we need to move to TX or OK to get out of this bad weather. When I bring up that it gets cold there too, he says "40 isn't cold." :lol: :p

I need to make sure he sees your pics!

Big Muddy rancher said:
What's that? Chicken feathers blowin' around.

Heck the leaves are still on the trees. Not enough to shovel. That happens in July in this country. :wink:

We just got tuff trees here in Texas LOL they'll hang on to their leaves sometimes and stay green all winter. I've noticed in the spring time some years that there are still old green leaves on a few types of trees...usually pin oaks and post oaks. When the new pretty spring leaves come on..sure does make them old straggler leaves look bad.

Heck my brangus critters come through that -40 no problem-that little skiff there will just settle some dust for you. The year we got 18 inches on Aug 25 the leaves were still green lol. It's melting here today of all things lol.

Buckerette said:
What part of TX are you in, Haymaker?

My "hubby" keeps telling me we need to move to TX or OK to get out of this bad weather. When I bring up that it gets cold there too, he says "40 isn't cold." :lol: :p

I need to make sure he sees your pics!

Buckerette,40 is about the norm around here for winter lows,and plenty room in Texas for yall,Im in the Tx Hill country most of the time,altho I shouda been farther south when this ice storm blew in,kinda caught me by surprise...............good luck

Thanks

It'll be quite awhile before we could afford to move (3-5 years). 40 for the norm sure does sound nice!

Looks like nice April weather in Wisconsin. :lol: Spent 25 years in the South. Back in 72 I had to chop 2 inches of ice off the truck door just so I could go to work. That was South of Dallas. In 1980 I was stranded on Pensacola Beach because of an ice storm and they didn't have any equiptment to handle it. Those southern snow and ice storms can be hell if you are not used to it.

Bet you don't have a snow shovel or snow blower :lol: :lol:

Haymaker- Looks like you folks might be in for some more winter....Hopefully this will mean lots of green grass...They're saying our north country should have normal or above normal weather thru the 1st of Feb with temps in the 20's and 30's- and just a few snowflurries.... :D
---------------------------------------------------------------

CN_Today 1/19/2007 5:42:00 PM

US S. Plains Braces For New Storm Many Still Without Power

MUSKOGEE, Okla. (AP)--A storm carrying the threat of more snow and ice moved across the Southern Plains on Friday as more than 100,000 homes and businesses remained in the dark from earlier blasts of cold, wet weather.

Winter storm warnings covered much of New Mexico and parts of Texas and Oklahoma, with a half-foot to more than a foot of snow and sleet expected.

The latest winter blast has led to reports of at least 74 deaths in nine states in the past week, including 25 in Oklahoma, 14 in Missouri and 12 in Texas. Many of the deaths were caused by car wrecks or carbon monoxide poisoning from portable generators.

More than 77,000 Missouri homes and businesses remained without power, mainly in the state's southwestern section.

Eastern Oklahoma, including the hard-hit cities of McAlester and Muskogee, still had nearly 60,000 homes in the dark after ice snapped hundreds of power poles and transmission lines.

About 1,000 people remained in shelters set up by the American Red Cross, and at homeless shelters. Gloves and blankets were already in short supply after the first ice storm.

"We're packed to the gills," said the Rev. Steve Whitaker, executive director of the John 3:16 Mission in Tulsa. "This has been a tough ride for the homeless."

In Texas, the wintry weather forecast for Friday was expected to be less severe than the snow and freezing rain that paralyzed much of the state earlier this week.

Along with the fatalities in Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri, the wave of storms was blamed for eight deaths in Iowa, four each in New York and Michigan, three in Arkansas, two in North Carolina and one each in Maine and Indiana.

Source: Dow Jones Newswires

Latest posts