• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

why isnt R-calf worried about the south

Help Support Ranchers.net:

conan

Reaction score
being from oklahoma and talking to fellow ranchers noone knows about rcalf. i feel that the border with canada will have little to no affect to the prices compared to what mexico is and will continue to bring into this country.

WHY ISNT RCALF DOING SOMETHING ABOUT MEXICO ????????? :mad:

Because R-CALF leaders are not from Texas. They only care about the part of industry that they "see" not the big picture.

Last I heard Mexico didn't have BSE, even though to some they are a north american producer.

the problem i see is mexico will soon start trading beef with brazil and other south american countries and these countries will dwarf our american herd. i know of a american rancher that owns ALOT of cattle in brazil just waiting for this to happen on a large scale. it happens right now but, he cant get the money back into the USA so he just gets bigger and bigger down in brazil.

Boy, you'ld think a true "protectionist" outfit would be screaming, don't you? :wink: :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Boy, you'ld think a true "protectionist" outfit would be screaming, don't you? :wink: :wink:

Give them time they will. Sandhusker you must be a new comer to R-CALF as they were started to litigate against Canadian cattle trade.

conan said:
the problem i see is mexico will soon start trading beef with brazil and other south american countries and these countries will dwarf our american herd. i know of a american rancher that owns ALOT of cattle in brazil just waiting for this to happen on a large scale. it happens right now but, he cant get the money back into the USA so he just gets bigger and bigger down in brazil.

Sounds like a good reason for US ranchers and ranchers groups to be fighting for a mandatory COOL law-- so these packers, retailers, and importers can't bring in ultracheap slave labor produced beef, stick a USDA stamp on it and pass it off as a US product.....R-CALF is the only cattle group still doing that since NCBA sold out to the packers on the issue........

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

Give them time they will. Sandhusker you must be a new comer to R-CALF as they were started to litigate against Canadian cattle trade.

If they were the "protectionist" outfit some folks like to label them as, they would be targeting Mexico, too. Figure it out.

They were started to litigate BS trade policy since our government seems to only act if the big boys are getting hurt.

Perhaps R-CALF's leaders have finally done enough research to realize that our trade position with Mexico, prior to this BSE fiasco, was a trade surplus position in dollars for the U.S. I realize giving R-CALF credit for actually learning something about trade positions is a stretch but stranger things have happened.

Why do you think Mexico filed a dumping case against the U.S. when R-CALF was filing their lost dumping case against Canada?

~SH~

Latest posts