• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why so quiet.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser

Reaction score
I would note that the sample was taken in April, at which time the protocols allowed for a preservative to be used (protocols changed in June 2005). The sample was not submitted to us until last week, because the veterinarian set aside the sample after preserving it and simply forgot to send it in. On that point, I would like to emphasize that while that time lag is not optimal, it has no implications in terms of the risk to human health. The carcass of this animal was destroyed, therefore there is absolutely no risk to human or animal health from this animal.

I like the "forgot to send it in" part. :roll:

Should have read "I forgot to send it in, until someone else had already sent a positive in"

It's easier doing it the second time, when you're longer a virgin!

I wonder just what kind of practice he has if he can forget to send a test sample away for 4 months? And why didn't the rancher ask him about it to see what the results were. I know when we sent test samples in I called and asked so we could get rid of the carcasses that we were holding onto. Don't the US producers have to hold onto the carcass until the neg. results are back and only then destroy them?

Don't know Tam, it sure would be tempting to get rid of the carcasses when you are being paid "record" prices like OT is claiming!

Murgen said:
Should have read "I forgot to send it in, until someone else had already sent a positive in"

It's easier doing it the second time, when you're longer a virgin!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny, Murgen. True, but yet funny.

Latest posts