• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why wont R-calf do a telephone interview in Canada?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
There is a radio station looking for ideas for their talkback program. I suggested R-calf. I even contacted the R-calf media rep and he said they would do it, before I told him it was in Canada. Then he said NO ONE was available to do the program even by telephone. Are they just scared somebody might rip their butt out? bunch of chickens if you ask me! I think it would be interesting to hear what they have to say! :x

MR, if you want i can give you Leo's home phone number or Midlands bull test phone number. Should be able to catch Leo there, but dont bug Sam, she is a sweetheart.... :lol:

SMS I would love to get Leo's Number and forward to my local radio station, It would make interesting radio to actually get them to talk on Canadian Radio

John in Ontario

Leo's number is 1-406-322-5597
Fax 1-406-322-5210

Let me know if your radio station can get him to talk....lol

What would R-CALF stand to gain? You guy's minds are made up. It would be like having Colonel Sanders talk at a vegetarian conference.

Duck, Dodge,Squirm put some lies in in and pull the truth out do the R-Calf Pokey and Shake it all about. I'm sure John Gormley tried to get Lying Little Leo on the line but he backed out-you should send that guy to a hospital and put him on a deFIBulator-I think he's lied so much he actually believes his own bullcrap.

Sandhusker said:
What would R-CALF stand to gain? You guy's minds are made up. It would be like having Colonel Sanders talk at a vegetarian conference.

"What would Canada stand to gain? R-Calf (and members) minds are made up. It would be like having PETA talk at a vegetarian conference.

We, on both sides of the border, can correct R-Calf "misinformation" until we are blue in the face - they just respond with another statement that is more "factless' than the last. Lies that don't deserve any kind of duplication or repetition in print or vocally.

Myself, I've heard enough from R-calf.

S.S.A.P. said:
Sandhusker said:

"What would Canada stand to gain? R-Calf (and members) minds are made up. It would be like having PETA talk at a vegetarian conference.

We, on both sides of the border, can correct R-Calf "misinformation" until we are blue in the face - they just respond with another statement that is more "factless' than the last. Lies that don't deserve any kind of duplication or repetition in print or vocally.

Myself, I've heard enough from R-calf.

SSAP- The thing I see on here is that no-one disputes the R-CALF information-- they just slam the message carrier... I see the statements R-CALF puts out- I read the Washington Post Ad-- Tell me what is not correct........ Canada is known to have and has BSE- the US has not found any US origin cattle.. Canada has a much larger BSE risk in its cattle than the US statistically- Canada has not proven by testing that their cattle are BSE free--the science surrounding BSE and vCJD is made up of theory with many varying theories ( even many of the Canadian posters on this site can't agree on cause, transmission, or risk)-- the risk and ways to reduce risk to humans is an unknown, variable, and left to theory and hypothesis-- the governments of both countries have been totally inconsistent in their policies and import/export rules - Both countries have tried to change long established rules and policies, after the fact, for political or whatever reasons altho the rest of the world trade countries have not yet accepted or approved of them-- US consumers have no way of distinquishing Canadian origin beef from US beef..... All this has led a Federal US District Court Judge, after examining the facts presented in briefs by both sides, to rule against the USDA's plan of reopening the border .... What is not fact in that?

Northern Rancher said:
Only you R-calfer's don't dispute their blatant lies-R-calf is a textbook example of bull....t baffling brains.

Standard Canadian argument-- I rest my case........

If your so certain the U.S. doesn't have bse,then why aren't you looking for it,like we are here in canada?Or are you afraid,of what you might find!!In Sandy Russel's report on the Alberta Beef Industry Conference, Dr. Joyce VanDonkersgoed (AB Verified Beef program)was asked "If our industries are so linked why are we finding BSE cases and the US is not even though they have tested a higher number of animals?` Her comment was the "gold standard" tests (final confirmatory tests) in Canada and the US are different. She said the US version uses a test with 1 micoclonal antibody, compared to Canada's test which uses 15 microclonal antibodies. This could account for the difference.

OT,

R-CULT is basically saying that SRM removal, increased surveilance, the feed ban, and only importing animals under 30 months of age does not assure consumer safety.

THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE!

That is a statement that only serves to stop Canadian live cattle imports and sets the U.S. up for a fall in the event that we have a domestic case of bse. That's how emotionally insane R-CULT really is.

There is nothing but "THEORY" to support R-CULT's position and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I can see OT now in the event that BSE is discovered in a domestic cow, "DON'T EAT THE BEEF, THE BEEF IS CONTAMINATED".

Hypocrites!

~SH~

SH:"R-CULT is basically saying that SRM removal, increased surveilance, the feed ban, and only importing animals under 30 months of age does not assure consumer safety."

The above statement is "EXACTLY" what the Japs are saying too! Except they have moved the age to 20 months.

~SH~ said:
OT,

R-CULT is basically saying that SRM removal, increased surveilance, the feed ban, and only importing animals under 30 months of age does not assure consumer safety.

THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE!

~SH~

No SH- Not a Lie--Those are just some of the 100 different theories out there-- some countries say 20 months, some say 12, some say 24 months, some say 30-- even contradictions in what constitutes SRM's.... Even USDA can not give a definition to the amount of risk their is in "Low risk"... Thats why your buddies at NCBA and USDA had to drop using the term "sound science".. They couldn't even convince themselves that it was sound......

Mike: "The above statement is "EXACTLY" what the Japs are saying too!"

Not the Japanese government. They are acknowledging the science and admitting that they need to educate their consumers to these same facts.

OT,

You are bought and paid for.

You couldn't defend R-CULT's lies about contaminated Canadian beef on a bet.

All you can do is throw up "theories" that "APPEAR" to contradict the OIE science.

There is nothing to prove that SRM removal, increased surveilance with removal of positives from the food supply, and the feed ban that Canada has in place does not assure consumer safety.

Only a complete idiot would argue to the contrary.

Who would know that better than the Canadian consumer that stood by their native producers and continued to eat Canadian beef following the BSE positives in Canada.

R-CULT's lies about the safety of Canadian beef could be their demise.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that will lie for "SHORT TERM" financial gain.

~SH~

Latest posts