• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wildlife - Mounted on the wall - Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I was Riding Colts I had 17 stales in a row at the Fair Grounds. I had a raccoon cage with 4x8 plywood on top of it with Flyers – coon loved to see women coming – get water and mud on it's paws and grab their leg when they got to the table.

I could turn him loose – He'd get in the tree and I'd bet people a beer they couldn't get him out. When they'd give up I take 2 rocks and click them together.
He would clime down and climb-up in my Lap to see what I had.

He get on the Hitching Post and when the neighbors German Shepard's came buy would drop off and grab their Tail and drag behind a Yelping Dog

Faster horses said:
YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!'' :shock:

How did you get that photo? Is is edited somehow? You don't really
have a snake close to your computer, do you?

My brother and I picked him up off the road one summer and put him in a 5 gallon pail. Called a taxidermist and asked if he could mount the snake but was busy that week so he said to just pop him in the freezer and bring it up the next week. Let me tell you, "A snake can hibernate in a freezer for a week"!! by the time he got the snake to the taxidermist it was plenty alive and pissed.lol
It's not coming back to life after the taxidermist got done freeze drying him though :twisted:

This little one is alive :shock: I dumped him out on my bathroom floor to take his picture but the bucket I normally carry my log chains in was covered in rust so he don't look very pretty.

snake.jpg

They can hybernate alot longer than a week in the freezer. Dad in Law usta catch em all the time in West Texas....fella down here that worked with Mr Lilly wanted one to take to Taxidermist. So he froze it, had it in the deep freezer for over 6 mo before he made a trip down here. He kept it in an ice chest froze on the way down. When the guy finally took him to the Taxidermist...and they thawed it out...it was alive and not too happy too.

Latest posts