• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

will a cow go in heat

Help Support Ranchers.net:

And altho its not as often as it is in horses- a cow can go into heat in a week to 10 days after calving (called a foal heat with mares)...

I still have a cow that was born on Christmas about 9-10 years ago when the bulls got out with one of the cows that had calved 8 days earlier...

It is a question from a green horn, cow normally come into heat, after calving. Some early, some later, watch from 30 to 45 days. Have AI'd for 41 years and they haven't let me down.

If cycstic, it can be an issue!

CA

canadian angus said:
It is a question from a green horn, cow normally come into heat, after calving. Some early, some later, watch from 30 to 45 days. Have AI'd for 41 years and they haven't let me down.

If cycstic, it can be an issue!

CA

:clap: :nod:

True story---gentleman had been buying cubes for little over a year, asked feed store manager when cows would calve, was told about 9 months after the bull was turned in.
Reply. " i've been feeding those breeder cubes for a year and a half and no calves yet".

Store got real quiet till he left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the answers I thought they would but I've been told they wouldn't thats why I asked. Thank you

Classmate years ago his wife had their 2nd child 9 months after the first. He said he was told she wouldn't get pregnant while nursing. Someone there said I bet the baby was nursing at the time.

Latest posts