• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will someone Tell the Weatherman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
This Is CALIFORNIA
San Jose 49 mph winds - San Francisco 97 mph and rain-rain-rain - - many trees and powerlines down - Big Crane came down at Valco Mall - TV is showing flashs that look like lighting but are Power Co Transformers blowing out-then you see a whole section of city lights go out - Looks like Bagdag(sp) in the war days - most of the weather is north of us 30 miles - just light rain and some wind here - 59° @ 11:25 PM :shock:

And flooding in western Nevada with 3 or more feet of snow in the mountains. Looks like they are going to have another good year out that way. I hope the spring humidity they have from it builds some T-storms and sends them out this way, over our desert for once.

Tap said:
And flooding in western Nevada with 3 or more feet of snow in the mountains. Looks like they are going to have another good year out that way. I hope the spring humidity they have from it builds some T-storms and sends them out this way, over our desert for once.

Don't you know that all our weather comes out of Canada and the stingy buggers won't send us any rain unless they have more than they need? :shock:

Jinglebob said:
Tap said:

Don't you know that all our weather comes out of Canada and the stingy buggers won't send us any rain unless they have more than they need? :shock:

Goverment needs to remove the Export/Import on Weather

Jinglebob.........You would be more than welcome to our weather we've had for the last week or so........been just a tad cold with a really healthy wind chill that just won't quit............we're getting a Montana clipper tonight that should make things reeeeeaaally nice! :wink: :lol: PS Send us your location and maybe we can get things moving your way :!: :twisted:

Just send it the general direction of northwestern Sd and I imagine it will get here, as all the rest does, unless the rain clouds all rain out before they get here, up north of us in that wet ol' country where Tap lives! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, well you know how he always wants to hog all the good stuff! :wink:

But sad to say my friend, we get our Canadain weather from Alberta, so I think yours will probably hit eastern ND /SD or possibly Minnesota. My son says it been awful cold in the Twin Cites this winter. You guys been exporting all that cold stuff? :lol:

Man them dang canadians are always sending their leftovers down here! :mad:

Like old Red Green shows, cold air masses, etc......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Jinglebob if your weather comes from Alta.....Get your snow shovel ready because we are in the middle of a white out,Hwy 2 closed.

Great! :) We could sure use the miosture. But those guys calvin' probably ain't going to like it! But if we don't get some moisture, there will be lots of cow/calf pairs looking for new range, too, so they better take whatever they can get. :wink:

Just send it the general direction of northwestern Sd and I imagine it will get here, as all the rest does, unless the rain clouds all rain out before they get here, up north of us in that wet ol' country where Tap lives!

Since I live in the driest part of the driest county in the state, I know you are fibbing about this :!: .

If you would stretch the truth on that, what else have you been telling yarns about? :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oh come on! You know that it is the wettest and warmest part of our country and you guys just perpetuate the myth that it ain't so people won't crowd all over you! :wink:

And as far as me fibbing, why I wouldn't sh_ _ you. Your my buddy! :lol:

Boy Old Ma Nature is really screwed up---Rained until after midnite- then froze....Got almost a 3/4 of an inch of rain last night-- town says .65 -- out on the lake over an inch--radar shows up north of Wolf Point received over 2 inchs- Weather boys even issued a small stream flood advisory.....Now the temp has dove down to 20 degrees with 20 mph NW winds...

The 4 inchs or so of snow we had when I went to bed is all gone- brown sticking out everywhere-- BUT all covered with a layer of ice...Water puddles standing everywhere- all looking like a hockey rink....

Horses wouldn't even come in yet this morning-- Dogs went flying out the door and hit the ice spinning brodies....May have to wait until noon to start feeding...

well we finally got moisture in form of lotta snow.not sure what would be worse ice or snow,was going into calgary today to bull sale,theres stock dog trial wanted to see but roads closed

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OT---got a heck of a visual with the dogs spinning brodies and just wondered if they were the only ones spinning when they hit the ice this morning???!!! :wink: :wink: I have seen the hubby do the same thing a time or two (not that I ever have, myself, ya see :shock: )....quite a sight when you are not expecting it!! rained here lastnight and then snowed on top of it, but the temp never got below 30degrees!! Whewww!! :wink:

We're in the middle of a doozy, started with freezing rain which has turned into heavy, wet snow. Went out and did my chores, by the time I got back in, I felt like I had run a marathon. Hard walking in this crap! Heads up, Manitoba Rancher, it's heading your way!

Lucky....we missed the freezing rain but have about 4 inches of loose snow just waiting to blow around .......seems to have hit a lot harder to the east and south of us.........could be worse we could be calving!!

just freezing rain here in the Big Muddy. man is it slippery otu there. Could barely getaround with the FWD tractor. Everything is on a side hill here so have to be really careful the tractor doesn't go for a slide.
I can run my hand down the barbed wire and not catch my hand there is so much ice on the wire. Had to cancel a truck load of pellets until next week.
Gotta go a men just walked in as he just went in the ditch because of the ice.

Yeah- Its a plumb hazard just to try and walk anywhere...Corrals are a skating rink....Highways are good as the wind must have blown them dry before it froze good- but all the lowspots are ice...

I talked to the wife of a south Valley rancher this morning and she said the cowboys had called in and said the creeks out there were running bank full...Only got about .4 up north where we could really use it to fill dams and waterholes.....Temp is 25 with 30mph winds now....

Big Muddy- You may need those pellets...Weather boys are warning of a snowstorm Fri and Sat with a significant amount of snow, wind, and blowing and drifting.... March is here......

Latest posts