• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will this be a good day..?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Despite this latest BSE case, this could still turn out to be a good day.
We ,here in the "Great Weird North" , seem to be poised to finally elect a Conservative government(for a F'n change) , if the opinion polls are any indication ,at least.
So even if the markets over-react and cattle prices crash yet again, it could still be a good day.
We might finally be rid of those,lying,thieving,west-hating,tree-hugging,tax-wasting,anti-gun,anti-free-enterprise,nanny-state-loving LIBERALS that the east keeps re-electing.
Did I mention that I don't like Liberals? :D

We should know by midnight. :)

Midnight is that your midnight ~my midnight ~their midnight :wink:
GOOD LUCk to the westerners I hope your election goes they way you want :D :D :D :D

pssttt some liberals are not all that bad....

Midnight Tim???Was hopin to hear way sooner then that,Prime-minister Harper has a nice ring to it.....and we will have another mad cow case when Anne Mclellan says BYE BYE to her Edmonton liberal seat!!!

A liberal is a liberal is a liberal. There's no room for them in any guvment.

Next closest thing to a Communist. I'm proud for my Canadian friends. Hope the Conservatives win by a landslide!

Here's to ya! glug glug glug

Harper wins Tory minority government, CBC News projects
Last Updated Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:11:19 EST
CBC News
Conservative Leader Stephen Harper will become Canada's next prime minister, as Canadians have elected a Tory minority government and ended a 12-year reign of Liberal rule, CBC News projects.

At 10 p.m, the Tories were leading or elected in 99 ridings in central and eastern Canada, the Liberals in 89, the Bloc in 39 and 20 for the NDP.

Early results were pouring into vote-rich Ontario. The Liberals, who captured 75 seats in 2004, are leading or elected in 46 ridings. But the Tories appear to have increased their support in early results and are leading or elected in 37 ridings. The NDP is leading in 14 ridings. The province, a Liberal stronghold, has 106 seats and is considered the key to victory. In the 2004 election, the Liberals captured 75 seats, the Tories took 24 while the NDP captured seven.

In the Atlantic provinces, the Liberals, who won 22 seats in the June 2004 election, had elected or were leading in 19 of the region's 32 ridings. The Conservatives, who were hoping to make bigger inroads in the region, were elected or leading in nine ridings, only a gain of two. But they did increase their popular support by 4.5 per cent since the June 2004 vote. The NDP maintained their seat count of three. In the last election, the Liberals took 22 seats, while the Tories picked up seven.

Former Tory turned Liberal Scott Brison, the public works minister, Geoff Regan, minister of fisheries and oceans and Conservative MP Peter MacKay, the party's deputy leader, were among the prominent candidates re-elected in the region.

Been watchin Calgary-Edmonton game :? Haven't heard these results yet,looks better then the game,thx for update OT

Ya,who knows what they can do with minority????thing is Martins gone and took Annie Mclellan with him,its a start

Good for you guys getting rid of some libs...if we could only do the same in the Dakotas...Thune is our only saving grace between the two states.

Sorry to hear about your latest case, at least it sounds like the border won't shut to your UTM cattle.

Cheers--

TTB :wink:

One thing that crossed my mind last night while watching the free-for-all, is the division of votes across the country sort of strengthens the Separation Party's theory. You have about 41% of votes going to the Tories, 33% to the Liberals, ~16% to the Block(insert vomit sound effect here), 9.5% to the NDP, and one Independent nut. So, with the country so divided on opinions, you'd think now would be a good time for the Separatist movement to do a little 'marketing'. How can a nation be governed properly to address the needs of so many who are so different? Hell, 16% of the country wants to leave anyway, they'd probably go along with the idea of us in the West cuttin ties.

But I suppose most people will settle back into the old rut of normality and wait for another 4 years to go by and see what the Cons' get accomplished. As for agriculture, I see more big business, more streamlining and no significant change anytime soon.JMHO :wink:

I don't know about the next four years Pure country,I think the liberals will get a new leader then get an election called.I was away last night didn't get to watch any of the election.How did the green party make out in our area??

Believe it or not, over 3,000 morons voted for the Liberals in our riding, and over 3,000 wackos voted for the NDP!! :mad: Brian ended up in fourth, 50 or so votes behind the Liberal candidate. :mad: I can't understand how anyone can vote for them B@$t@RD$!!!! :mad: :mad: He ended up with 3121 votes-I think. He was happy with what he got and plans on carrying on with fighting for small communities and small family farms.

The Green Party did real good on the nat'l level, which means they'll just continue to get stronger. I don't know that they'll come close to Official Opposition status in my lifetime, but a man can dream.

Latest posts