• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WINNER of Corrals & Chutes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Congratulations Shoe!!!!

Winner-Corrals.jpg

See what happens when I rag and rag and tell ya to take a camera with you on your trip up to the mountains on yer off time :p There's some awful perdy country up there, and alot of the neat stuff is disappearin fast. I think ever time I talked to you when you were there I asked if you had a camera with you. LOL

My wife chewed me out for posting a pic of our messy yard -glad it looked neat from the air lol. Is that your home place Jassy-I guessed which one was sw's but I thought the railcar would of been BMR's.

Northern Rancher said:
My wife chewed me out for posting a pic of our messy yard -glad it looked neat from the air lol. Is that your home place Jassy-I guessed which one was sw's but I thought the railcar would of been BMR's.

quite a set up ya got there, NR!! Loved the overhead view got from you and from Jassy!!!

This was one of the toughest contests you have had posted so far....way too hard to chose which ONE!!

Mr. FH noticed that fallen down building too, NR, but I told him you were lazy and just hadn't gotten around to taking care of it yet. :wink:

Anyway, neat setup the way all the big lots feed into the working area.

I liked this catagory too. Funny what you get when you think 'outside the box.' I just didn't know about it when we entered it as a catagory.

I think we'll add it again later, so be on the lookout for a picture to enter.

That was the old school barn from back in the 20's it finally gave up the ghost-we actually had to brand 4-500 head so we used a wood fire for most of them and pretty much cleaned it up that weay. Wait till you see the maze I'm fencing across the road lol.

Congradulations Shoer...that is beautiful photo...now listen to Lilly and take more photo's...ya just never know..

This was a great catagory...It's amazing how just an ole cow can have so many types of correls to choose from... :lol:

My photo..is not on our homeplace, but 60 miles by highway from here up on the Niobrara River near Kilgore NE. It is still part of the ranch, but sits up there all by itself. We just use it in the fall time to wean the calves, and then the cows will stay there until January,,then we'll trail em home here to start calving all over again.
Wished we had that correl system here at the homeplace...It'll hold way over 1000 head.

Great Photo's from everyone!!!!!

This pic was taken on the pass creek alotment, between the Big lost and Little lost river valleys in Idaho. Thers a lil history behind them corrals, I belive I first herd thay was built by the CCC for the purpose of gatherin Wild Horses . I think also I was told that they also used to gather em ther during WW II to have ther manes and tails cut ( the hair was used for seat cushins ) and later in years they used em to ship wild horses off :? All along in years the cattlemen grazin association used em for sorting and brandin the late spring and summer calves. Ive used em few times myslef to pick up a sick or a stray cow that the rider had left ther. Ther is no loading chute , but ya can back up and rope, and drag/crowd a cow into a trailer. Its also kinda the meetin place for everyone when they do some ridin work up ther. You caint really tell from the pic but the rails go up to about 8 feet high, and have a solid metal pin going all the way thru at the joints, the joints themselvs sit on top of a concrete block, therfore none of the rails actully sit on the ground so they wont rot away, that metal pin, Im pretty sure goes into the concrete block as well. the rails are about 10 to 12 inches round.. and have been squared at the ends with a broad axe to make a good fit. They are in kinda poor shape now, and Im sure it wont be long before somebody that dont know any better ends up takin a chain saw to it for fire wood. I also know for a fact the US forest service ( the brain childs that they are) has wanted on occasion to tear em down,,, they claim ther a eye sore and fire hazard :mad:

When i was home on vacation last summer I spent some time runnning around takin pics of places like this, cause Im sure wont be long before they are all gone. Im glad I can share them with you all.

WOW~! the first time and finally win something!! and no money>>> :???:

Where exactly are those pens at? I'm a son of mother Idaho and am from the east side of the state and that is right close to my stompin grounds. If i get a chance i would like to wander through that area. Where are you from exactly shoer?

Latest posts