• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Winner of prettiest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
All the pictures entered are pretty. Even the wee blue horse. :D
Every entry is pretty in it's own right. It would be nice to know the stories behind all of them.

Heifer can tell us who this pretty little girl is now!!!
LauraGymCampoutsideresized.jpg

My wife is a Pre-school teacher, she said she thot that little girls eyes showed a very precarious and fun child!

I want to thank everyone who works on this photo part of the forum. I would also like to hear the stories behind the photo's, that is part of what makes the Soapweed Chronicles so fun,

PPRM

PPRM said:
My wife is a Pre-school teacher, she said she thot that little girls eyes showed a very precarious and fun child!

I want to thank everyone who works on this photo part of the forum. I would also like to hear the stories behind the photo's, that is part of what makes the Soapweed Chronicles so fun,

PPRM

Somehow, I think you might have meant "precocious" - :lol:

more developed, especially mentally, than is usual or expected at a particular age, or showing such advanced development

B.C.

Being that cute I figured she must be a Canadian gal. :wink: :lol:

Tickled me that the Western Red lilies aka Tiger lilies the Saskatchewan flower took second. On the right year we have the growing in great abundunce and this was one of those years. :cowboy:

Yes, weren't they a sight! They were just everywhere here, I had to load my mom up in the car and take her out into the country to show them to her. She hasn't seen them for so many years, so I thought I'd let her eyes feast on them. There is nothing prettier than a sea of those bright orange lilies in amongst all the green grass we had this year.

reader (the Second) said:
I should have said complex simplicity of nature. Those of us surrounded by concrete and air conditioning and motor vehicles have lost our sense of awe and connectedness. It can't be healthy.

The guy from michigan that hunts here was in awe with the quiet here.
We were sitting outside admiring his dear and having a beverage. He couldn't imagine not hearing anything at night but dogs and cattle. The stars also amazed him.
All stuff we take for granted. He brought us back down a level with his comments and we were able to realize just how lucky we are.

That little girl's name is Laura. I'm not sure she's "precocious" - more developed, especially mentally, than is usual or expected at a particular age, or showing such advanced development (as Broke Cowboy defined).

But she's full of fun and often trouble, but in a good-hearted way! :wink:
I must have sent too large a copy of the photo, 'cause it's much clearer on my screen than on Ranchers.

This photo was taken at her school grounds during a morning break from a summer gymnastics camp. (She can climb like a monkey, and do all sorts of things on the high beam, and bars!) The camera's a Lumix DMC-FZ5, with 12X optical zoom.

And, I apologize to everyone who entered for not "playing fair." If there was a kids category, or a cute category, I should have waited. Everyone out there's probably thinking "Geez, I'd better vote for the kid, or some poor mom's going to be crying the blues!"

I really like the sunrise, sunsets, the lillies, and wow, those roses were beautiful! Great photos!

Glad to hear all your comments, and yes, the neighbours & my curmugeon have already been discussing what firearms will be required to protect the daughters in the future!

I entered this photo here any way, becuase it's not often that I get a pretty photo of one of the girls without a finger up a nose, or eyes crossed, or tongue sticking out! Got to take advantage of the good ones!

Heifer

It's a great picture :!: You should be proud, but I did think maybe it was a Prefiert (sp?) chute or something LOL!!

Awwww. Thanks! :oops: We won't tell the curmugeon. (Especially since everyone says she' looks just like her dad!)

Don't think its the water....

Just completed my Environmental Farm Plan, and looks like we really should re-do our well. It's pretty shallow - sand-point at the bottom of a 16 foot hole. And the cribbing is made in two sections. One really wide one for the bottom 8 feet, and one slightly wider cribbing for the top 8 feet. This makes a handy spot for a couple boards which our pump and pressure tank sit on. This also allows easy contamination from, say, cow manure. Especially since we have "rocky" soil.

But, The photo contest is a little off topic for this. So we'll just drink bottled water!

Heifer said:
Don't think its the water....

But, The photo contest is a little off topic for this. So we'll just drink bottled water!

Or BEER MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Latest posts