• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winner of ugly truck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Empty Pockets has the ugliest truck on ranchers!!! All great pics of hard working trucks. I learned to drive on the farm truck. Dad said if I could master the farm truck and all it's quirks, I could drive anything. :lol:
uglytruckforcontest.JPG

theHiredMansWife said:
The Metro will die long before Old Blue. :D

Erin, I don't doubt that for a second! But I hope you can keep the Metro going because you can't afford to feed Old Blue only when absolutely necessary! :D :lol: :lol:

From the box up I have the rest of yur truck,interested?Only Chev ever set foot on my place,got deal I couldn't refuse,dang thing won't die! MUST have a Ford motor :p

But I hope you can keep the Metro going because you can't afford to feed Old Blue only when absolutely necessary!

You ain't kidd'n. :lol: 12 miles per gallon.
The Powerstroke gets a respectable 19, but neither is anywhere near the 46 of the Metro. But then it is just a go-cart with airbags. Which means rough roads are going to be the cause of death... :cry:

Although for $800, we bought it with the full intention that it was disposable. :wink:

Congrats Empty pockets for owning the ugliest ranch truck, .....hehe I still think the lil nissan we have that stays on the place is uglier tho.....I don't like to drive it, has no brakes, you can see daylight in more places than you'd care to thru the floor boards,(somethin important might fall out or water will come in when it rains) the heater don't work, never has had a a/c.....seats are almost completely gone, last time I drove it, a big ole wood rat jumped out at me...size of a small possum, then shortly there after a big ole snake skin appeared on the dash....that was the last straw...I aint drivin it!!!!!! Dad in law said, the snake was there to eat the rat that jumped out.....I said so what!!!!
Got my lil Toyota that aint much perdier to drive now....but least I know it aint got any critters dwellin inside...

Cute story Lilly,My father-in-law had a farm truck with alot of the same qualities your nissan had,Couldn't open doors from inside you had to roll window down to open from outside,I quite letting the kids drive out in field with thier grampa from fear one of them would fall through HUGE hole in floorboard!!

We had an ol' blue Ford that had about 300,000 miles on it. EVERYTHING was falling off. We kept a 5 gal bucket in the bed and when things would fall out...we'd put them in the bucket.

One time I was driving a long and all of a sudden hit this huge bump..the truck went dead. Got out to have a lookie-see and I'd ran over the battery as it'd fell out...the battery box had rusted away. We even drove over the " junk bucket' in the back as it eventually fell out of rusted hole in the bed of the truck. I eventually gave it to some of the boys in the valley here and they took it home with them. They were so proud acted like a dog does when carrying home a stick with it's tail held high!!

empty pockets not sure I I should say CONGRATS....... How about great photo LOL feel funny wishing you congrats for an "ugly truck"

Here's the history on the "ugly" truck. We got it new on Feb. 14th 1979. So it will be 27 years old tomorrow. It was pretty much used strictly around the ranch. Like thousands of other ranch pickups around the country. Feed wagon in winter, fuel tank hauler for haying in summer. - The box rusted out so we replaced it with one from a neighbors pickup that had rolled off a hill and wrecked. The door was replaced when a cow decided to follow a calf into the pickup when I was loading it. The back window was knocked out when I slammed on the brakes to take a shot at a couple of coyotes and the old box slid forwards and pushed the Meyerink feeder into the glass. -The rest of the dings came from everyday use, cattle pushing each other into the pickup while feeding, tractors and equiptment nicking the body when fueling up in summer and several nephews learning how to drive a stick shift. -I figured the pickup is worth about $10, with a tank of gas $75, plus a load of bales $100, but winning the ugly pickup contest--priceless! :wink:

MsSage said:
empty pockets not sure I I should say CONGRATS....... How about great photo LOL feel funny wishing you congrats for an "ugly truck"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I really wanted to post a pix of the hubby's "ranch truck/fun buggy" as the kids call it....UGLY is a mild way of putting this "vehicle"....she's an old Volkswagon bus that was "fixed" into a ranch vehicle!! :shock: :shock:

hey, sw.....hanta told me there was quite a story behind your "ugly truck" and that LOVELY dent in the door!!! Why don't you share this hair-raising story with us!!! :wink:

Ranchwife post a picture of your ranch "truck",I actually couldn't vote for sw's truck because I did not think that was an ugly truck! I'm sorry sw!

ranchwife you asked so you get it. Hanta was helping me tag calves a few years ago and we were using that truck, I was driving and she would get out, grab the calf and I would come around tag it, band if needed and give it a shot. I pulled up to a new calf, she opened the door to get out and the cow hit the door head on, backed up and hit it again, backed up and hit it again. She probably would of hit it again but I ran around the truck and she came after me. Hanta was pinned with her feet on the ground and the door smashed so it would not even open with out some major prying. On the bottom of the door there is two dents where the door got molded around her legs. Lucky she didn't get hurt worse than she did, only bruised. I tagged the calf under the truck :wink: As long as I am telling stories on her, the year before that we were tagging and she grabbed a calf, thought the cow was coming after her, turned to run, fell down and dislocated her thumb, and I mean it was readjusted. I ran her into the hospital cause I wasn't gonna touch that, she would have killed me on the spot. In the hospital the doctor on call was one of those that got his diploma from the university of Egypt that has a problem with English as a language. He was wanting to give her an anesthetic, admit her to the hospital and put the thumb back where it is suppossed to be. She was not in a very good mood, and she told him "You just put this thumb where it is suppossed to be, understand?" I don't think that this guy had ever seen a ranch woman before, especially one on the fight, so he did what he was told right there. She said "lets get out of here, we still need to finish tagging calves." Now you see why I always say "yes ma'am no ma'am what ever you want my dear :wink:

SW,

I have a sweet wife, but when the eyes get big, then narrow, YIKES!!!!

LOL

PPRM

believe me, I know that look, just saw it in the window. Better go!!!

That reminds me of something that happened to a neighbor a few years ago. He had land along a state hiway and was fixing fence one day. A passer by saw him and his old beat up pickup then slammed on the brakes, jumped out and ran down to where he was. The neighbor was down on his knees by the fence when the fellow got to him. He hollered...boy the way that pickup looks you must have had a hell of a wreck are you ok? The neighbor told him he was ok, and hadn't had a wreck but was just fixing a little fence. :lol:

Latest posts