• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winner of week 14 wildlife

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
MsSage!! Tell us where this was taken and how long of a lense you used!
8bb93229.jpg

THANK you
This is one of my favortite pics. Lucky shot.
I took this last fall at Latta Plantation. He was sitting on a fence looking at the kids on the trail.
I used 70-300 lense.
My next lense if I ever find the time for a second job LOL is a 700.

I loved the picture. I'm a bird lover and could watch them for hours. Thanks for sharing.

I need one of those lenses...I have a big white Snowy Owl thats been hanging around for the last month--usually sitting on the same tree stump or same telephone pole every day...Almost looks like he is listening to me when I talk to him anymore...

With the weather as nice as it has been (50 degrees today), he probably thinks he's in Florida....Dad always used to say if the snowy owls started showing up it was a sign of a cold winter- I hope he isn't right about the rest of it....

a week ago there was a snow owl on the hedge post here in Kansas. I watched him for about an hour as I was disking, and he just hopped off to get a mouse and then went right back there to his post. I stoppped the tractor and watched him with the binnoculars for while, he never seemed threatened.

I went home for lunch and looked it up on the internet and it said they only make it this far south every 5 years or so. I pray the cold winter thing is not a very accurate forcast.....

Oldtimer said:
I need one of those lenses...I have a big white Snowy Owl thats been hanging around for the last month--usually sitting on the same tree stump or same telephone pole every day...Almost looks like he is listening to me when I talk to him anymore...

Oldtimer, must feel good to know that you have an audience, even if it's just a bird..........

:lol:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer, must feel good to know that you have an audience, even if it's just a bird..........

:lol:

Yeah- No backtalk at all :lol: The Grandson and I almost got up close and personal with another bird this morning...My partner called and told me there was an OOPs new calf in the cows at his place-- so Gabe and I were going over so Gabe could see the new calf...Luckily I was only going about 25 down the muddy old road, when a big old golden eagle flew up out of the ditch right in front of us- I had to hit the skids to keep from hitting him- then he flew right in front of us for about 100 yards before he could get his speed and altitude up to get out of our way...
I could just imagine what that old boy would do smacking into a windshield :roll: ...

On Monday when I was coming home from court, I had to hit the skids because of about 50 turkeys going across the road- and they are about as dumb as sheep- one goes they all go...Biggest bunch of turkeys I've ever saw in this country....

Word of advice, you never, and I do mean NEVER wanna hit a buzzard with the window post between the windshield and driver side window, with the window rolled down, they have a tendancy to........."git sick" when disturbed that much......yeap uh huh, right in the window, in the lap.

NOT ME THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!

MsSage well done.
I stand here wondering why only 2 people offered you congradulations. The only reason I can come up with is jelousy. You have a gifted eye as Hanta Yo stated.
Please check your private message. I want to see your portfolio I do graphic art but I dont take pictures.

Latest posts