• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Winners for week #2 "Nature"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Since I'm sure that Haymaker probably voted in each poll... I'm announcing this weeks CO-WINNERS for the Nature catagory.

Poll #1
Jersey Lilly with 43%
Afterthestorm.jpg

Poll #2
Turkey Track Bar (who said her pic wasn't up to snuff :roll: ) with 31%
scottsbluff.jpg

Tell us about the winning pictures Lilly and TTB!! Great Job.

Say Cert,what's next weeks topic? When is "old homesteads" going to run ?.................good luck & good job :wink:

Congrats Lilly!!!

My picture was taken at the top of Scottsbluff National Monument (or is it Park, Nebraskans?) this summer. I got down in my belly behind the "soapweed" and took the picture looking southeast. It was very foggy and windy that morning this past June.

I will admit, I liked a lot of the other pictures better (Jersey, yours is very beautiful) but would like to thank those who voted for mine. Who took the the last picture (#7?) in the second set of pics??? That was a great picture in my mind---

And, I took the picture with a Minolta 35 mm camera and scanned the picture in---

Cheers--it's raining here this morning!!!! Yippee!!!! Go Broncos!

TTB

TTB - my hubby will be glad to know you're a Bronco fan :p I was given instructions to tape the game, they are chukar hunting today.

Congratulations to both of you, Jersey Lilley and Turkey Track Bar. Those are both very pretty pictures, with delightful American scenery on display. Keep up the good work.

Thanks ya'll who voted for my pic, and congrats to you too Turkey Track Bar, I really liked that shot. And all the other entries too, they were all great, made it hard to decide who to vote for.

Mine was taken this May, after we'd had a thunderstorm come thru that had lots of hail and wind. It didnt last long, but after it passed over the sun was just settin. I was cookin supper when Amanda hollered at me to grab my camera and come here. I got out on the porch and decided since my house is surrounded by trees, I'd better git in the truck and git out to the road where I could see better. One of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen. The air had that orange/pink tint to it even. The tank is the neighbor's across and down the road a ways, I climbed up the tank dam in knee deep wet grass.....lol boots were wet, jeans were wet....but oh well.
Taken with my Fuji S3100 digital

Ok, what's the catagory for the next contest?

According to Faster Horses' rules, this weeks catagory is "Funniest" and the first 10 pics I get are the only entries. I'll pm each of you back and tell you what number your picture is.

Turkey Track Bar said:
Congrats Lilly!!!

My picture was taken at the top of Scottsbluff National Monument (or is it Park, Nebraskans?) this summer. I got down in my belly behind the "soapweed" and took the picture looking southeast. It was very foggy and windy that morning this past June.

I will admit, I liked a lot of the other pictures better (Jersey, yours is very beautiful) but would like to thank those who voted for mine. Who took the the last picture (#7?) in the second set of pics??? That was a great picture in my mind---

And, I took the picture with a Minolta 35 mm camera and scanned the picture in---

TTB

TTB,

and BRONCOS WON!!!! YYIIIIIPPEEEE!!!

Nicky said:
I have a question - what's the difference between "funniest' and "humorous"? :?

Me, too, where is the line drawn. To me they mean the same thing, does one leave you LYBO and the other just a grin? :help: :?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Thanks ya'll who voted for my pic, and congrats to you too Turkey Track Bar, I really liked that shot. And all the other entries too, they were all great, made it hard to decide who to vote for.

Mine was taken this May, after we'd had a thunderstorm come thru that had lots of hail and wind. It didnt last long, but after it passed over the sun was just settin. I was cookin supper when Amanda hollered at me to grab my camera and come here. I got out on the porch and decided since my house is surrounded by trees, I'd better git in the truck and git out to the road where I could see better. One of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen. The air had that orange/pink tint to it even. The tank is the neighbor's across and down the road a ways, I climbed up the tank dam in knee deep wet grass.....lol boots were wet, jeans were wet....but oh well.

Jersey,

Taken with my Fuji S3100 digital

Ok, what's the catagory for the next contest?

Jersey,

Loved your picture, especially the colors. Our state Stockgrowers has a photo contest during their annual convention held in December. We LOVE entering, if your Stockgrowers doesn't have a contest, well, they ought to!!! Get one going, cuz there are some awesome pics entered!! Enjoy them every year with our Stockgrowers Convention!!

Congrats!!!

Lord have mercy!!! First the hubby going crazy and cheering like a kid for the broncos and now TTB and Hanta Yo, too!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Turkey Track Bar said:
Congrats Lilly!!!

TTB

TTB,

That was a beautiful picture!! Congrats!! Like I replied to Jersey, does your Stockgrowers hold a photo competition during their annual convention?

Hanta Yo

Hanta Yo said:
Turkey Track Bar said:
Congrats Lilly!!!

TTB

TTB,

That was a beautiful picture!! Congrats!! Like I replied to Jersey, does your Stockgrowers hold a photo competition during their annual convention?

Hanta Yo

Hanta Yo:

The North Dakota Stockmen's Assn. does--and do have great pics. I think they usually try and use the entries as the cover photos for their magazine (a great one!!)

Yes, the Broncos dominated, and as an added benefit to the sports weekend Colorado State won too. I was worried after the first half!

TTB

Latest posts