• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Winter in Manitoba.... Again.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
It is damn cold out there around -1C and with the wind I think it feels like a cool December wind! Got up this morning to a skiff of snow on the ground. Sure wish it would warm up as I would love to get seeding! Where did the "global warming effect" go? I guess we had a short summer! :shock: :shock: :shock:

M-R - some warm spring weather would sure be welcome here too. The foot of wet snow we got on the weekend has pretty well disappeared but it is still cold and rainy. One extreme to the other!

. Fields were dry for the last 3 weeks, but now that my cows started calving, they are wet and muddy. Just what we need. :mad:

Great scour weather.

Ain't warm here either anymore. Grass is up a half a foot in some places due to the 20 plus degrees we had for a while. Snow and cold now has got the cows and babies huddled in the trees and asking for me to roll a strip of hay out for 'em. I agree, that's probably the end of our summer and now back to winter! Fun while it lasted...y'all go out and build a snowman with yer kids now! Have a good day!

I wish you guys had kept it north of the border- got down to 24 last night- supposed to get colder tonight---Yesterday got a quarter inch of rain- but a few miles north on the pasture the hills were all white with snow-- Only 34 now with 30 mph winds and snow flurries........

whiteface said:
Ain't warm here either anymore. Grass is up a half a foot in some places due to the 20 plus degrees we had for a while. Snow and cold now has got the cows and babies huddled in the trees and asking for me to roll a strip of hay out for 'em. I agree, that's probably the end of our summer and now back to winter! Fun while it lasted...y'all go out and build a snowman with yer kids now! Have a good day!

Whiteface - what province do you live in?

All the grass here is still as short as it was last fall when the cows came out of pasture. Nothing green yet. Still feeding everyday! Takes the slim profit margin even lower if we have to feed til June :shock:

Rancher, maybe you should have taken them off pasture sooner, the grass would have been longer. :D

I'll bring some sunshine and warmth with me when I come out next week!

How about one to warm y'all up.

A man walked into a crowded Doctor's Waiting Room. As he approached
the desk, the Receptionist said, "Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor
for today?"

"There's something wrong with my dick," he replied.

The Receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come into
a crowded Doctor's Room and say things like that."

"Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you," he said.

The Receptionist replied, "You've obviously caused some
embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is
something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the
problem further with the Doctor in private."

He replied, "You shouldn't ask people things in a room full of
others, if the answer could embarrass anyone."

The fellow then walked out, waited several minutes and then re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, "Yes?"
"There's something wrong with my ear," he stated.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken
her advice. "And what is wrong with your ear, Sir?"

"I can't piss out of it," he replied.

Good one Randy, hope to see you in a week and a half, not sure if I'll make it that far. Iraq has all the oil tied up and gas prices are a bugger. :)

Southern Alberta, Maple leaf, but before you get all excited thinking this is thee place to live, remember that in the only 10 years that I've lived here, I've seen it snow in EVERY month of the year including August ( all over my petunias and dephiniums ) and the grass that is up 6 inches is in protected, sunny areas only ( mostly places that cows never go - so it ain't any good to anyone - places even the lawn mower can't go! Like ditches, sunny protected south sides of coulees that sort of thing! ). Got you all hot and bothered for a minute eh, thinking I lived in the greatest place on Earth! If Murgan don't bring some warm weather and visit me this time, the price of gas will be the least of his problems! LOL! By the way Maple Leaf, what you have in your province, I miss terribly, is those Maple trees, especially the red variety! Only thing that grows around here is gophers and grasshoppers, with the exception of this spring we have a little grass...and if it don't rain soon, we won't have that either!
Loved your joke Randy! Have a good day all! Thanks for reading from Canada!

Its still white here in the hills too, and -3 with a north wind at 10:30 am. Nothing unusual for this time of year, but some heat now will sure make the grass jump. The scouring calves are a grass tax, I guess, Maple Leaf. :wink:

This has got to be too strange even for southern Ontario. Woke up this morning to a cool damp breeze and while we were eating breakfast it started to snow again and in less than two hours we had almost 4" of heavy wet snow. It all melted by shortly after lunch. The new babies think its pretty ugly. They seem to know how to crawl through the fences and sleep in the bush (woods, for American readers!).

Can Christmas be far behind? :???:

Latest posts