• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winter trip pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
DSCN0020.jpg

otter creek falls
DSCN0022.jpg

Lewis Cascade
DSCN0022.jpg

Lewis Canyon
DSCN0076.jpg

snow coach
IMG_5679.jpg

getting ready for the morning run
DSCN0050.jpg

Sue crossing a board walk bridge
DSCN0047.jpg

At Dasiy geyser
DSCN0053.jpg

Old Faithfull
DSCN0037.jpg

Castle Geyser
DSCN0055.jpg

snow shoeing
IMG_5651.jpg

Otter
IMG_5650.jpg

Coyote that was watching the otters
IMG_5626.jpg

Tetons
IMG_5629.jpg

sleeping Indian
DSCN0068.jpg

green soap... no middle to waist :eek:

'Beautiful pictures of an awesome area! In January of 2000 our we and our close friends celebrated our twenty-fifth anniversaries snowmobiling the Park. We stayed at Flagg Ranch the first night and parked our pickup there. We rented snowmobiles there and stayed at Old Faithful Lodge, where we did day trips from that hub. After leaving the park we "played" in Jackson and toured the elk wintering grounds. That was one of the best trips we ever took. Yellowstone Park and the Tetons are unbelievably beautiful in the winter. We loved that trip.

JF Ranch said:
PS: I had one of the poorest steaks in my lifetime at Old Faithful Lodge. At least I felt glad that I got it, instead of someone else who might be influenced to quit eating beef as a result.
Prime Rib I had for Dinner was great, only other beef was a strip steak... which to me are like Sir Loin when you get a good one it is great....most everything else was game meat
http://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/UserFiles/2011-2012-winter-menus/w11-12-sl-dinner.pdf

I'm glad they had good beef when you were there, jody. The menu sounds tasty.

That "sustainable food and our environmental commitment" statement reminded me of a plaque which hung in the huge lodge at Flagg Ranch. It explained that all logs used in the construction of the lodge were from dead timber. It went on & on about the the "correctness" of not harvesting live trees. Eventually it said that all the logs had come from Canada! With all the dead trees within a reasonable proximity of Flagg Ranch, I had to laugh about how much it must have cost them to truck all that timber from across the border, when it is so plentiful closeby. But.... we sure didn't kill any live trees in the process!!!

Jinglebob said:
Great shots. Wonder what one of them tracked vehicles would cost and the fuel economy? Be real handy at times!

i was wondering the same..... for the times that you would need it, fuel economy would'nt be a big concern. a hydra bed on it would be cool... Hey Jody...

Don't seem them much around here but when we used to have them for a school bus in the winter they sure saved the day. They were made by and called a Bombardier.

yes Bombardier built from 1960 thru 81, they got a chevy 350, they each had 2 gas tanks too because our driver ran out of gas and he start and go 100 yards and start again after about 10 tires he remebers to switch tanks.
Guy here got a snow cat from the power company with a small flat bed he has fed hay off of before

Latest posts