• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winter water on the Bozo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
DSCN2870.JPG

I'm doing the same thing on a much smaller scale. But my ice melter is a chopper. And he is currently typing on a website about ranchers. If Jody weren't so durn far east, I'd slip over there and "Borrow" his ice keeper freeer for the winter 🤠

A friend took a job for a big outfit that winters south of Boise. Said the good news is no feeding in the winter. The bad news is he has to haul water. I don't know which is worse.
It's our thought that hauling water would be worse. We have never had to do it so maybe we don't really know but keeping water warm in winter is a tough job.
We have chopped a lot of ice, though.
We put in insulated tanks at the ranch in SE Montana, they work well if there is enough cattle watering from them. They were on a pipeline.

Lots and lots of Utah and Nevada ranch's haul water summer or winter. They have hundreds of round portable water troughs and they move the cattle across the winter range by moving troughs in a leapfrog pattern.

Latest posts